Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
- Elizabeth Lawrence
Come for a ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We left a little after noon for a ride to see the fall colors. We first of all started to the Skyline Drive, but the line was long waiting to pay to go into the park, so we decided to turn around and go south along the Blue Ridge Parkway

Waynesboro is at the juncture of the parkway and the Skyline Drive. The Appalachian Trail also runs parallel to the drive for a while. I don't know exactly how long...David could tell you all about that.

When tourists come to Florida, they're always in awe of the beaches and beauty of the state. I'm in awe of fall. I lived in Ohio for five years when I was out of college, but that was SO LONG AGO that I had forgotten how beautiful fall is. Last year, when I came to visit David and Sabrina, the leaves had not even begun to change, even though it was late in October.

The day was cool; the air, crisp...a perfect day for being out and enjoying the wonder of God's creation.
The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.
- Emily Dickinson, Nature 27 - Autumn
5 comments:
This is so lovely. I got a few pictures on our trip but with having to get there and back in such a short time, all of mine are from the moving car. None so beautiful as yours.
Lovely photoes. Fall has always been my most favoured time of year.
Beautiful pics, Beverly. It is my favorite time of year and I love that area of the country.
Awesome thank your for the trip!
I love a drive along the Blue Ridge. Its nice to go slow when everyone else is too.
This morning the sky outside my window is gray and winter like but in some ways the colors are more distinct. Fall is my favorite time, until spring and then spring is.
Post a Comment