Saturday afternoon Sabrina and I drove out into the country to a baby shower. We were a little late getting there, and when we entered the home, there were about a dozen ladies gathered oohing and aahing over all the neat baby things.As I sat there, I noticed a lady holding this kitten. I couldn't believe that a kitten was actually being calm among a group of women and girls.
After the gifts were opened, we were invited to go into the kitchen area for refreshments. I lingered behind to visit with the kitten. She was sleeping on the back of the sofa as you see here. When I picked her up, she made no effort to get out of my arms.One of the ladies said that the lady of the house had found her out in the barn with the other cats, full of fleas and needing attention. She brought her in, worked on ridding her of fleas and bottlefed her until she was better.
I cannot imagine that there is nothing wrong with her. She is just so calm. I've never seen a cat quite like that. One of the ladies there said that she looks like a Himalayan kitten. I would have loved to have put her in my pocket and brought her home with me.

Cats are connoisseurs of comfort. - James Herriott
7 comments:
She is soooo cute!
She's adorable! Maybe it's time for you to adopt a cat??
OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo! It is a good thing I wasn't there! If she has short hair then this kitten has at least 80% Siamese in her. All my Siamese looked like this when kittens. As they grow, they darken. Siamese are the most loyal cats, waiting in the window for your return, always wanting to be near or sit on laps and I have two that start purring loudly when you just look at them.
That is certainly untypical of kittens, and I would worry that she is ill. I have occasionally seen fairly calm puppies and kittens though, and they are a joy to hold and love. She would have come home with me, I think!
that is a pretty lil' kitten!!
:-D
What a lovely little kitten. I am sure your friend has had her to the vet for a full check up. My Abby is not what I would call 'calm' but when people come to visit she thinks they are coming to see her and she is very social. She will sit in the middle of the room and look at everyone and then decide who she is going to sit with.
Oh my.. what a sweet little thing.
Post a Comment