It seems like it's been so long since I posted. As I said in the last post, I went to Orlando to attend Women of Faith last weekend. It was great, as usual...16,000 women in the arena, laughing, crying, singing, worshipping together, and at times, it seemed like we all tried to go to the bathroom at the same time. Women of Faith has been going on for eleven years. I missed the first one, but when I heard about it on the radio, I determined that if they came near where I was, I wouldn't miss the next one, and I haven't. A group of 20 went from our church this year.
Back in April, I posted about Ben, a young man who was very ill with testicular cancer. Ben and his wife live in Columbia, South Carolina. His cancer doctor conferred with Lance Armstrong's doctor in Indianapolis, and Ben has since been since by this doctor. He recently had more surgery and is recovering from that. Here is what Liza wrote:
November 13
Dr. Einhorn has recommended one more surgery. It is not as risky, dramatic or extensive as the last 2 have been, so that's good. There is still teratoma left in the lymph nodes in his abdomen, so they need to be surgically removed. But, we are pleased because Dr. Einhorn called this the final step. That's the first time we've heard those words, so we are thrilled about that.
The surgery will be scheduled for sometime in January, once he's recovered fully from the last one. It will be done here in Indiana and they said about 3 days in the hospital as opposed to 6 for the last one.
We are still waiting for the results from the blood test, to tell us his latest HCG level.
We have a lot to be thankful for with the holidays coming up. The end is in sight--praise God!
Nov. 15 HCG is 2.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what we've been waiting for since March! Halleluiah! Well, we're getting closer, but we're not there yet.
Continue to uphold Ben, Liza, and their families.
My computer is still not 100%, but it is better. I've been reading your posts, even if I haven't commented in the last few days.
9 comments:
Beverly
That was indeed good news about Ben I will continue to hold him in my prayers.
So glad to hear the fun since you last wrote.
Good things indeed.
Welcome back, Beverly. We missed you.
Glad you had a good trip and what wonderful news about Ben!
Sorry your computer is still feeling ill
:(
Glad you are able to post again!
:-D
PS...thanks for all of your support and prayers this evening!!
Love & Hugs
Good to see you're back. Good news from your friends in Indiana. My husband has a daughter in Indianapolis who is an RN in one of the hospitals there. She is a star in her department, they are always sending her off to conferences and she loves it. She is in the ICU for the Nuerology floor. Takes a special kind of person.
So glad to hear that the young man is doing well. And glad your time away was so inspiring and that your travel was safe. Glad to see you back with us!
Glad your back,
that is good news about Ben!
have a Great Day!
blessings
Beverly, I too am glad you are back safely, uplifted, rejeuvenated! You are good to encourage prayers for your friends who know what real worry is.
Its iteresting about prayer. You offer one for someone else and feel blessed yourself for the opportunity to think of that someone else.
Welcome home! Will you be traveling for Thanksgiving?
My heart goes out to Ben and his family. The news sounds positive. I am so glad to hear that.
Post a Comment