Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Christmas Prayer

Ah, dearest Jesus, holy Child,
Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled,
Within my heart, that it may be
A quiet chamber kept for Thee.
My heart for very joy doth leap,
My lips no more can silence keep,
I too must sing, with joyful tongue,
That sweetest ancient cradle song,
Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given
While angels sing with pious mirth.
A glad new year to all the earth.

- Martin Luther.

7 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

Lovely. Christmas brings out the best of prayers and songs, if you ask me. Makes our collective hearts sing with hope and love.

srp said...

What a lovely prayer. I don't think I've seen this one before. Is your family there? I hope you have a wonderful time together. I know this will be a magical first Christmas for Ella.

Anonymous said...

So lovely.. so filled with love and hope.
Wishing you and yours a most joyous Christmas.

TJ said...

Beautiful!!
And a Merry Christmas to you and yours...love you friend!!
:-D

Susie said...

Beautiful prayer..
Merry Christmas Bev!
((hugs))

Babette said...

God's Peace to you, dear Beverly!

Martin Luther has a blog, you know:
lutheratthemovies.blogspot.com

Blessed Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful expression of Luther's faith. Thanks for sharing it!