Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A good report


When I went downstairs this morning, I wondered if my house was catching on fire. When I opened my garage door, I could tell that the smoke was everywhere. It seems that the winds have brought the smoke from north Georgia and Florida all the way down into our area, and it's supposed to last until at least Wednesday evening. And it was cool this morning, the kind of cool that would cause one to turn off the air conditioning and open the doors and windows.


The above photo is a shot of the Sunshine Skyway that connects Bradenton and St. Pete. That's smoke, not fog.


I had two doctors' appointments this morning, one with an endocrinologist and one with my cardiologist. I'm on medication for hyperthyroidism. The blood work shows it, but it has never really been evident. I'm certainly not a 120 lb. ball of energy...just the opposite. But I was having some palpitations, so the cardiologist sent me to her to get it checked out. Well, the blood work shows improvement, but I've also put on a few pounds. But, thanks be to G-d, he didn't comment about the weight gain, just that he had hesitated to send me because it would make it difficult to lose.


It was such an ordinary appointment. That's the kind I like to have. He said I'm doing fine, and that's what I wanted to hear. My symptoms of myasthenia gravis are subsiding pretty much too. That's another post for another day.
When someone says, "Have a good day," I always say that any day that I wake up is a good day.

5 comments:

kenju said...

That's all good news! I didn't know you have myasthenia gravis, so it is good to know that the symptoms are subsiding. Hope that smoke goes away! I just saw on the news that there are brush fires in LA, near where Naomi lives. I hope she'll be okay!

Anonymous said...

So true, so true. Everyday is indeed a gift. So glad to hear things went well with the doc.

All that smoke is disconcerting. We have had a very dry spring here as well with more than the usual brush fires.

AC said...

Is that the bridge where there was a big pile up several years ago? We couldn't believe this, but watching the tv news footage of the cars (on some bridge down there anyway), we saw MY MOTHER IN LAW getting a neck brace put on by paramedics. The bridge looked a lot like this one.

We've had smoke drift here from forest fires -- it is so wierd, isn't it.

Good news on the Ordinary News today. Since i my ABCs of Me I pointed out my doctor phobia, I give you super kudos for going.

Thank you for saying such nice things on my last post, Beverly. You are such a kind person. My little bunting was back today.

Karen Townsend said...

I agree, ordinary visits to the doctor are the best kind. I'm happy to read you are doing well.

I hope the smoke clears up soon. Yuk!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

As I grow older the more I hate going to the doctor!

We live in Clay county and that one fire is right on the border of Clay/Bradford. WE have lots of smoke. It is scary, and I pray for the best. Please let this rain put out all those fires.