Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Grow, Ella, Grow

This is one of the photos of Ella that I tried to upload, but it was always sideways, so I scanned it and put it in. It is my absolute favorite photo of her so far. I took this one when I was with her in April.
As I have mentioned before, failure to thrive is one of the problems with cystic fibrosis. Because Ella was identified early and given enzymes to take before eating, this has not been a problem for her so far. We are so thankful.

My son just called to give me Ella's latest vital statistics. At her nine months checkup she weighs 18 lb. 15 oz. That puts her in the 50% for weight. She's 29" long. She grew 2 inches since her checkup in February. They did a finger stick to check her hemoglobin. The doctor told David they look for 11 in an infant her age, and hers is a 12.1.
Grow, Ella, grow.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Beverly, she is just the most darling little girl.

Anonymous said...

Those numbers are good news, right? Unless I'm missing something, in my ignorance, they mean she really is thriving...and she certainly appears to be! Yea!

kenju said...

Could she be any cuter? I think not! Seems our prayers are being answered, and she is thriving and growing well. Yippee!

Karen Townsend said...

Rock on, baby Ella! I love that mirror photo of her, too.

photowannabe said...

Her thriving is such an answer to prayer. The pictures of her are just precious. you have every right to be a proud Grandma.

AC said...

What good news and she certainly looks to be thriving!

Anonymous said...

Beverly this is pretty picture of Ella. I'll say a big Amen! TO Gods Grace ! Blessings. Ron.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit!

I agree. That's a really great picture!

Anonymous said...

Beverly, This is good news. We are continuing to pray for all of you.

jel said...

that is GREAT NEWS!

Anonymous said...

She is growing more and more beautiful too!!
I want to pinch those little cheekers!!
:)

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile more than anything else this week. She's beautiful, almost beyond belief. Must be all that love and all those prayers on top of those "happy peas!"

Anna said...

I absolutely love pics of babys eating food....she is so cute!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

She certainly looks like she's thriving to me! May she continue to do so for many, many years.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

That is all really wonderful news. And of course such adorable pictures of a gorgeous little girl!!!

Shammickite said...

What a beautiful bundle of trouble! Good to know she is thriving and putting on weight. I bet she brings you so much joy and happiness.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. You asked about the fruit trees. I'm not too sure about some of them but there seem to be several apple, pear, cherry, peach, I think plum, and I think a pommergranite but I can't tell just by looking at the little buds. There is no one to ask so when we move in I will have to get some handy dandy books and learn all about them.
I am really looking forward to nurturing a green thumb. At least I hope it will be green...