Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tucker on Thursday

Just a note to let you know that Tucker continues to do well. Sarah hasn't received any lab report yet.

I haven't had time to do a thoughtful post, so I thought I'd include this that I received in an e=mail the other day. I know that it doesn't apply to most of my blogging friends, with the exception of a couple of you, and you know who you are. You will either smile knowingly, or you might think, "Oh, my." Whatever...

For those over 60

Q: Where can women over the age of 60 find young, sexy men, who are interested in them?
A: Try a bookstore under fiction.

Q: What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause?
A: Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement.
When you are done you will have a place to live.

Q: How can you increase the heart rate of your 60+ year old husband?
A: Tell him you're pregnant.

Q: How can you avoid spotting a wrinkle every time you walk by a mirror?
A: The next time you're in front of a mirror, take off your glasses.

Q: Why should 60+ year old people use valet parking?
A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 60+ year olds to have problems with short term
memory storage?
A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q: Where do 60+ year olds look for fashionable glasses?
A: Their foreheads.

Q: What is the most common remark made by 60+ year olds when they enter antique stores?
A: "I remember these!"

Have a safe weekend. I was going to travel to south Georgia for a mini-reunion with some high school friends, but then I filled my gas tank and thought better of it.

8 comments:

kenju said...

I LOVE the second one, and it is sooooo true!

Good for Tucker!

I don't blame you for not driving anywhere. I am not going anyplace I don't absulutely have to!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed those! As to the third one, though--telling your husband you're pregnant--you want to increase his heart rate, not give him a heart attack!

photowannabe said...

I have to admit that the last one comes out of my mouth too often.
Actually they are all pretty food for a smile and a sigh...

AC said...

I'm staying home this weekend too. I am not encouraged by the Not Sleeping section. I already have trouble sleeping with a few years to go till 60.

Anonymous said...

Gas was $3.49 per gallon here the other day...it is getting ridiculous! Have a happy weekend anyway!
:)

Tara said...

I saw your comment on Abby's blog about Tucker, that it was cancer. I'm so sorry. That cat before me had cancer, so Mom knows how difficult it can be.

Mom loved the over 60 list! Even though she is 47, she often uses the "take off your glasses" when she doesn't want to look at her wrinkles!

Tara

Susie said...

I can only imagine what Bill would say if I told him I was pregnant at this age! (of course that would be a medical miracle)
:)
Gas is quite high here too. We're not traveling this weekend..
hugs!

L. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Your Ella is adorable!! I am actually visiting my precious Owen in MN right now. He is taking a nap so I decided to check my emails this morning...
It is pure Heaven being here with him. I could just sit and watch his every move!! : )
Have a good weekend...I will bookmark your blog and come back often.
Grammie : )