Monday, July 30, 2007

This 'n' that in Chicago

I guess you don't have to guess what store this sign is in front of. Do you remember the days when the NBA was fun to watch? Especially in the days of MJ! Last year when I went to an even at the United Center, I took pictures of the statue of MJ outside the center. Inside it was neat to see his retired number, along with those of other players for the Bulls.

I have no idea who said that, but it true, isn't it.

I would have like to visit inside this building. Do they build harps there? Do they get them ready for shipping? How many harps do they sell? Do you play the harp?
Finally, this sign. Isn't that a hoot! And it isn't in Florida. It's in Chicago, out by the United Center. I remember seeing that last summer and being amused. I don't know if there is a senior citizens center nearby or what... must be. I'd say that we could use some here in Florida, but the only problem is, they're all behind the wheel. And that isn't funny.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the signs. The senior citizen one is a hoot. :-)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

No, I don't play the harp, but I have a friend in Pennsylvania who does--really and truly! She'd probably be thrilled to see the photo of the harp factory.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

The "senior citizens" warning sign is much too tame. I saw one in Northern Ireland several years ago that said: "Caution: Elderly Persons!"

kenju said...

Ever since I was a child I have wanted to get my hands on a harp. I used to open the lid of our baby grand piano and strum the wires inside. Mom always said she would have to have the piano tuned if I didn't leave it alone!

Karen Townsend said...

The senior citizen sign is a hoot. Reminds me of some signs we have in our subdivision, 'Slow and under that the word Children. My son, a little guy at the time the first time he read that asked me what made the children slow? Good stuff.

AC said...

I am so enjoying your travelogue of Chicago. Of all the large cities I've visited, it is my favorite.

I don't think I've ever envisioned how harps are made! Somehow I supposed they just came into being...magical or something.

Anonymous said...

Yes! They do still build beautiful harps! That building is in the west loop, a section of town where there are many artist lofts and businesses developing quickly. Rich's company just bought an old "clock tower" building a block over and they are planning on moving their headquarters there just after Christmas.

Michelle de Seattle said...

I'm a former slow child at play and I love your photos :)