Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fourteen months old today

I'm still alive, and Ella is surviving me. This has been a busy week. Monday was very uneventful. We played in the house, played outside, ate several times and all in all had a good day. Tuesday started out o.k., but during the morning I noticed Ella wasn't playing. She crawled up in my lap and stayed there. I went in search of a thermometer, and she indeed did have a high temp. So her daddy came home and off we went to the doctor's office. Because of the cystic fibrosis, the didn't want to take any chances, so the pediatrician sent her for blood work and a chest x-ray. Everything apparently was negative. Yesterday she was more like her old self and today she seems to be feeling fine.

She does have an appointment on Monday with the specialist who wants to do another throat culture to see how the Pseudomonas is. She is still on an inhaled antibiotic twice a day as well as her regular treatments. She's so good about everything. It's harder on her parents on me than it is on her. She pretty much takes everything in stride. We are praying, of course, that the bacteria has not had time to colonize in her lungs.

The weather is warmer every day. It was 87 today. The humidity is not as bad here as in Florida, so it doesn't seem nearly so hot. I do have the air conditioner on upstairs in my chamber, though.

Many of you have been following Ella's journey with cf since her birth. Others of you are newcomers. I appreciate all your kindnesses and tender thoughts and words as you read about this grammy and her Ellla. She's a precious little girl.

I read a quote by C.S. Lewis today on my homepage. It read, "God is not proud. .. He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him." That brings to mind the verse, "Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." I'm so glad He took me in.

17 comments:

kenju said...

Me, too, Beverly, for you and for me! I am glad to know that Ella's fever was not serious.

photowannabe said...

Amen Beverly, me too. I will continue to pray for Ella and that the outcome of her next Dr. visit will be positive. She is so sweet and a real cutie pie.

KGMom said...

Saying little prayers for Ella--hope she continues to improve.
Aren't little ones amazing--we grown ups fret; they just tootle along.

Anonymous said...

HeLLO Beverly & Miss Ella,

Glad at the moment every things ok ! Hope the next appointment turns out ok too ?

Miss Ella you and grandma have a good time and remember that grandma is a lot older than you so take it easy on her ?

Blessings.
Ron.

Anonymous said...

Little Ella is such a treasure. My breath caught in my throat when I read that she had a fever and was feeling unwell. I am so relieved to hear that she is doing better. I understand how worrisome this all must be. I am sending prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

Count me in--I'm so grateful He does!

My prayers are with Ella. A simple touch from you, Lord Jesus, is all she needs. That's all we ask, in your name.

Karen Townsend said...

A lovely Grammy post, Beverly. I'm glad you are there spending time with sweet Ella. Lots of memory building going on there.

JeanMac said...

Nothing like Grandma's lap when you're feeling "off".

AC said...

Ooh, I didn't understand you'd be there a month! What fun. Sweet days. Hugs all around.

I can't work up much enthusiasm for the playoffs--I was glad the Mets melted, but don't care much for Philly. Like the cubs, but they need to get cracking soon. Real soon. The Padres didn't make it and so my Greg Maddux *attachment* is thwarted. I'll root for the National League team, whichever wins, but its just not the same. You Know. Thanks for not glazing over.

Susie said...

So glad you're there to properly cuddle that darling girl, especially if she's feeling a bit off. I'm sure it's a comfort to her Mom and Dad to know you there with her during the day..
I'll say a prayer for sweet Ella..
xo

Babette said...

You are such a dear comfort to Ella, Beverly!

The C. S. Lewis quote is perfect. God is a dear comfort to grandmas!

Froggymama said...

Beverly, thank you so much for visiting our blog and for you suggestion. We do visit the Cysticfibrosis.com site quite a bit. It's been wonderful meeting other families affected by CF. Your grand-daughter is precious and beautiful. And she looks like a healthy and spirited girl. Congratulations. I'm adding you to my daily reads! Thanks for introducing yourself on Froggymama. Take care. Elise

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your visit and comment. I just posted several new hawk pictures from way back in 2005 on my new blog. Click on my name and then click on Brookville, Ohio 45309 and that goes to the new blog. You can see some of the hawks when you get there and or just click on the name "birds." Those are just categories and I am in the process of filling them up.

KGMom said...

Beverly--Penn State WON!
But, it was a stinking hot game--90 degrees outside (seemingly) and who knows how hot inside the stadium as we sat there in the blazing sun roasting.
Thanks for wearing your Penn State shirt.

Beverly said...

I just read about Ella, I know your grandmother heart breaks when you think she might not be fighting her infections off. She is a doll!!! I love her pictures. Have fun on your visit. I will say a prayer for you and Ella.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good time up there with Ella. Glad to hear that her fever is gone.

Anonymous said...

Beverly, I know you are enjoying all your time with the family. I am glad also that Ella is feeling better. Hope the rest of your time is a joy.