One day when I was spending time with Ella, I turned on the TV and O*rah was on. I don't watch her as a rule, but that particular day she had on outstanding couples in show business, and I left it on for a while. The second couple was Stevie W*nder and his wife. He was not on the show that day, but his wife was. She is a fashion designer and at the end of her conversation with O*rah, several models came out wearing some of her creations.
The last model was Stevie's daughter. What a beauty. His wife said that this was the young woman for whom he had written the song "Isn't She Lov*ly!" back in 1973 when she was born. Although he could not see her with his eyes, he caressed her and wrote the song which so beautifully expressed his love for this new creation in his life.
My daughter-in-law works with a woman, who after Ella was born, made a copy of that song for her. She said that upon seeing Ella, the song came to her mind. While I was in Virginia, I went to my daughter-in-law's work one day, and her co-worker and I went out to lunch together. We've just really connected. She was talking about her mother and doing things with her and for her, and I happened to ask her how old her mother was. Sixty-six was her reply. My next question was what her birthday was. And guess what! It is the same as mine. How often would that happen?
After our lunch, one afternoon when I came into the house, Sabrina was playing a CD. Guess what it was. "Isn't She L*vely". It was then that she shared with me how she got a copy of the song.
Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderfull
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely
made from love.
Isn't she pretty
Truly the angels' best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us He's given life to one
But isn't she lovely
made from love.


10 comments:
I think that song will go down in the ages, because every parent always thinks that about their baby. Of course, Ella personifies it!
Oh yes Ella is lovely and I'm so glad you had your special time with her.
I had never realy paid attention to all the words to the song. Its pretty great.
Yes! she is lovely.
"Lovely" post my friend!
Have a great day!
She is indeed lovely and a precious gift from above :)
xo
Hello!Tried to leave a message yesterday and Blogger would not cooperate. Ella is so beautiful and is she ever growing - each pic she is such a beauty. I'll bet she misses you.
What a great story. Always a reason for everything, you know.
And yes, little Ella is so very lovely.
Stevie Wond*r has always been a favourite of mine. Such talent and such a good man. His words do perfectly fit your sweet little Ella.
She certainly is! I've never heard that song, believe it or not, but just reading the words and knowing the story behind it certainly is moving.
She is lovely! Such a gorgeous girl. And even though I've never met her, I can tell she is a sweetheart.
Post a Comment