Friday, November 23, 2007

My daughter


Please keep my daughter in your thoughts. She is having to deal with putting her cat down. Several months ago he had surgery for a tumor which had grown in his side. He appeared to be doing well, but the tumor came back. The surgeon told her that it would not do to do surgery again.

He had been doing pretty well, but the mass is quite large, and now today, he doesn't have much energy, and he is not eating well. We have shed many tears today. Tucker came into her life as a brand new kitty when she was living in North Carolina, and he has brought much joy into her life.

She just e-mailed me and said that she was going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to him.

She reads this blog, and she also visits many of yours. I know she will appreciate any thoughts that you pass along to her.

Thank you.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

JeanMac said...

Oh, my gosh! that just breaks my heart for her. I will be thinking of her with love.

Karen Townsend said...

I am so sorry. Tucker is such a handsome cat. My best to both of you in coping this weekend.

L. said...

...I am so sorry that Tucker is not doing well...Having just lost my own cat, I can empathize with the sadness that you are feeling.

My prayers and love are being sent your way...

xoxo
Grammie

kenju said...

Oh, he DOES look a lot like my Storm!

Tucker, I have been praying for you ever since your grandma told me your tumor had returned. I am sorry that you are not feeling well, and I hope that your mom will be able to make the decision when it is time. You have done your duties well, and you are loved. I hope that you are not in pain.

Anonymous said...

That's just too sad. We've had to put down too many dogs in too few years, and it just rips us up, every time. My heart goes out to both of you, and I'd cuddle Tucker, if I could.

KGMom said...

Oh Beverly--tell your daughter we are all thinking about her. Losing a cat is more than losing a pet--they are so much a part of our lives. Cats comfort us in ways few other things can.
Keep us informed about Tucker.

Susie said...

I'm so sorry that Tucker isn't doing well. I'll say a prayer for him. I know this must be such a difficult time for your daughter.
xo

jel said...

I'm sorry to hear that, it is sad to have to put a dear pet down.



Big Hugg!

Beverly said...

it is always so sad when a member of our pet family gets sick. We have to make so many decisions for and about them and they are so helpless. But, they do know how much they were loved. I will remember them today.

Jamie Dawn said...

How sad.
Tucker sure is a pretty cat. I'm glad he's been a loving and joy-giving pet.
He's worthy of those tears.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to hear this news...
I never knew how pets could grow on you until I had Clarence (the cat) and ended up having to give him up due to my severe allergies. It was hard but each day it got easier, but still to this day I think of him.

photowannabe said...

I'm sorry to hear that the tumor has returned. Let your daughter know that she has our support at this difficult time. Its hard to loose a member of the family.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to your daughter and poor sweet Tucker. I understand the heartache. ((hugs))

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."
~Irving Townsend

AC said...

It is a sad day to have to say goodbye. Lots of kitties and puppies have grown up in my heart, never to be forgotten. He's a pretty boy, well loved.