Yes, Christmas came early for our little family this year. I flew to Virginia on the second. Sarah drove to Knoxville to be in a girlfriend's wedding, and then she drove up on Sunday. For a few short hours we were together, and so we had Christmas dinner and had tons of fun watching Ella open her presents.
My daughter-in-law had this little tree that she had had for years. She said if it got destroyed, it wouldn't matter. But Ella has learned very well. Her mommy told her to touch with just one finger, and she was very good about it.
We opened our gifts before we ate so that Ella wouldn't be too tired. She really got the hang of opening the gifts. Such fun! Her aunt Sarah brought her some shoes and pretty shirts, and, oh yes, she brought her one of her Eeyores from her vast collection. Pooh can't be by himself in the bedroom.
I found this puzzle online. When you match the animal to its shape, it makes the sound of the animal. Pretty cool, and it's not too loud, which makes everyone happy.
Monday morning Sabrina dropped me off at the airport in Charlottesville. According to schedule I would have a two hour wait in Charlotte. I sort of looked forward to that because there are so many neat shops, namely The Chocolate F*ctory. As it turned out, the plane coming to Charlottesville had been fogged in in Asheville earlier in the morning, so it was an hour late coming. When we did board, the pilot made up some time going to Charlotte.
I don't know if you've ever been there, but it is a long walk from the express flights (little planes) to the other gates. I took advantage of the carts and got to my next plane with plenty of time to spare. Before I left I called the airline to see if they had any first class seats available. They happened to have some on the trip from Charlotte to Tampa, and so I used some of my air miles to upgrade. The only trouble with that is that one gets so spoiled to the nice big seats.
I'm still trying to catch up. Every time I come home it is one doctor appointment after the other. Thank goodness they're only maintenance. And so I'm just now getting to posting again.
It's always good to go away and good to come home again. I think my next trip will be in February after our Sweet Adelines show.





11 comments:
What fun! Glad you could experience Christmas with Ella.
How wonderful that you all were able to be together. And, what fun for Ella with so many adults loving her.
I'd label that first picture, "The Magic of Christmas" - she is just so sweet.
Mark and MiHwa flew 1st from Korea - will be tough to go back to economy!
That's so wonderful to have Christmas (dates don't matter) with family. Ella looks like she had such a fun time with her special presents.
Ah...first class....it will spoil you....
How wonderful that you were able to celebrate Christmas with little Miss Cutie Pie. :-) Grandkids simply multiply the joy.
Ella's growing up so fast! She is beginning to look like a little girl instead of a baby. I am glad you got to see her open presents.
First class? Woohoo!!
What fun to spend Christmas together and see Ella's joy :)
There's absolutely nothing better than seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child.
xo
How wonderful for you to share an early Christmas with your family!
Beautiful photos....: ) Ella just gets cuter and cuter!
Thanks for sharing my recent joy with me!
Isn't this time in our lives wonderful!?!
xoxo
Love the pic's of Ella, as always. She really does look like a little girl, now; good thing, considering that's what she is! :o)
We've flown business or first class a few times, now. It does spoil us. I will say, though, that how good it is depends a whole lot on the airline and the airplane. The best we've experienced was actually in business class on a United flight; the same class on another United flight a year later was not the same, at all. But, with any airline on any airplane, it's better than in those tight, cramped, uncomfortable seats in coach!
But there are times when we just can't see paying what it would take. That's okay; it keeps us humble. Or grateful, or something.
What a wonderful, early Christmas celebration you all had!
Ella is such a delight!! I can just FEEL how loved.. and spoiled she must be. She's a blessing beyond measure!!
I'm glad you are home safe and sound.
She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment