Friday, February 01, 2008

Whatever the Weather



Tomorrow is our annual Sweet Adelines show. Our theme this year is "Whatever the Weather." If you could come, you'd find us dressed in raincoats as we sing about all kinds of weather. A clever skit will tie the songs together. Some of the songs that we're singing are: "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head," "Sunny Side Up," "Wind Beneath My Wings," "It's a Good Day."

We always have a guest quartet join us for our shows. This year's group is The HotShots. They always bring good music and a good laugh.

During the second half, a small group from one of the local high schools is going to sing one song. I hear they will knock our socks off with their music.

The photo above is from our 50th birthday party of our chorus. We had a grand party in May. We had a good time singing and eating. Several other choruses and former members joined us to celebrate. (I'm in the top row, next to the last on the right.)

I wish you could be here. We have a performance at 2 and then another one at 7. Hopefully our weather will be good for all who come out to see us. There's no better place to be than here on the first Saturday of February.

12 comments:

kenju said...

I wish I could be there too. I love close harmony and quartets.Have a great time!

Karen Townsend said...

Break a leg, Beverly! Sounds like a fun day for you.

Beverly said...

Hope you have a good singing time. Oh how I wish I could sing.

KGMom said...

Hummmm--have a good time!

photowannabe said...

I really wish I could be there too. I love good harmony. Always sang in church choirs and Hubby and i were in several couples singing groups, one was called the Harmony Mates and the other Sweet Spirit. Lots of fun.
Sing pretty.

Mother of Invention said...

Have a blast! I love singing in my ladies' choir. We sing very similar songs to these. We do some Blast from the Past types and some modern too. A Gospel type and a few serious.

JeanMac said...

Looks like a great time - enjoy!

podso said...

Can't wait to hear about it. You look you all have a lot of fun!

Susie said...

Sounds like such fun and I wish I could be there to hear you sing :)
xo

Jamie Dawn said...

Oh how wonderful!
I sure wish I could have come to the show.
What fun it must have been!!
I hope it all went well and that everyone enjoyed it.

AC said...

I sure wish you knew how to imbed a music clip in your blog! I wish I knew how so I could tell you!!!

I know this must be a blast.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there too. :-)