Friday, August 22, 2008

Colorful - Take 2


Carmi is doing a "colorful" theme this week over at his blog. In looking through my files, I came across this photo. My cousin, who lives in north Florida, have a log cabin that was moved to their property several years ago. Her husband's employer was going to tear it down, so he asked if he moved it, could he have it.

This has been a labor of love that they have worked on together. After moving it, they added on a couple of rooms, built a chimney, and have made it fully functional. In the back is a pond. I'm not sure if they have it stocked with fish or not. They even built an outhouse...although it is not functional...which is probably a good thing.

Inside, you will find quilts that my cousin has either made or bought. In this particular room, as you can see, there are many Raggedy Anns and Andys. I asked her once what she was going to do with them all. Her comment? "After I'm gone, the kids can figure out what to do with them. If I see it, want it, and can afford it, I'll have it." (O.K., tell me, English teachers, is the plural of Ann and Andy the way I wrote it, or what is correct? Thanks in advance for your answer.)

She and her two sisters and a cousin in Leesburg are all that are left of my mother's side of the family. Although I don't see them often, I love the times that we are able to be together.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

JeanMac said...

I think that would be perfect for a getaway visit!

Jenelle said...

Very colorful! I used to have a Raggedy Ann that my grandma made me. I wonder what happened to it...

Oh, you've got your plurals right. Since Andy is a proper noun, you just add 's' instead of changing the 'y' to 'ie' just like you did. You get an A. :)

kenju said...

I have a Raggedy Anne that we bought for one of our daughters when she was very small (at least 38 years ago). She makes me smile!

photowannabe said...

It would be fun to have a cabin like that. I have a Raggedy Ann someplace. I love her heart right on her chest.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

They'd better make that outhouse functional--plumbing DOES fail from time to time, and it's always good to have a backup, er, back house!

Wendy said...

Awwwww - love those raggedy ans and andys. My children also had them when they were little.
I have a room full of cabbage patch dolls. I agree with your cousin - I wanted those dolls, can afford them, so I bought them!

KGMom said...

First, on your plural question--sounds right to me.

Second, are you still OK, what with Fay coming ashore 4 times, and raining buckets?

Putz said...

raggetty ann and andy, we have both on our window sill, do you have a window sill you can sit on to read all your boooks?

Susie said...

How sweet! I love all the Anns and Andys! I have the one my Grandma made for our daughter. She lives on our guest bed..
xo

Z said...

I LOVE that picture! My sis had a collection of Raggedy Ann and Andys......come to think of it, I wonder what she DID with it!

YOU TAKE IT?!! (smile!)

The colors are wonderful!

carmilevy said...

This entry brought me right back: I remember dolls just like this in my house when I was a kid. My older sister was a huge Raggedy Ann fan, and long after she stopped playing with her dolls, they remained high on the bookshelf, silent reminders of the child who had long since grown up.

I hope your cousins read this. They'll doubtless be touched.

Amy said...

Beverly, I love the picture. It is very colorful indeed. Hope you survived the storm "Fay". My parents live in Fl. and fared pretty well.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I still have Raggedy Ann and Andy sitting on my bed!

Anonymous said...

mnogo sam blogva i postova do sada pročitao i vidio i svaki od njih na svoj način golica maštu i kao da zove dođi opet -čekam te ovdje sa novim sadržajem - tako i ovaj vaš poseban i veoma dobar bolg - čitati ću vas i u budućnosti steven

Anonymous said...

I am sorry my small error comment on your blog is written in my native language and freely delete the same - here's comments, "I have a lot of blogs and posts up to now read and seen, and each of them in their own way tease imagination, and seemed to come again called wait-and here with new content - and so is your special and very good blog - I will read you in the future
and I want you all the best
steven

Anonymous said...

Love all the Ann and Andys!