Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Kids - Carmi's theme

Our church has a program called Upwards. In the fall, flag football is the sport, along with cheer leading. After football comes basketball and then soccer. I arrived on a Saturday morning when the little guys were playing. Family gathers to watch and cheer on the team to victory.
Well, what is a football game without cheerleaders! Go, team, go!
Too much cheering makes one tired. Go visit Carmi's blog to get his take on kids. You'll be glad you did.
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Too darn cute. There is something about little tykes playing sports that makes us smile!

Wendy said...

Oh they are so sweet. I love them all!

kenju said...

I love watching children at play!

carmilevy said...

Ooh, total world-in-motion theme here. I chose this theme this week because I knew you would all find pictures with spirit and life. These capture that wonderfully. There's nothing quite as energizing as watching kids being themselves.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

This morning I feel just like that tired child--and I haven't even walked into my classroom yet!

Heather said...

I especially love that last one!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a wonderful series of photographs!

Putz said...

i love the cheerleader girl burying her head in the pom poms

JeanMac said...

That's just too cute!

photowannabe said...

I wish I could bottle some of that incredible energy that kis seem to have. I could really use some right now. I just can't seem to get my motor going today...don't know why but its not good.....
Anyway, I love these pictures of pure joy.

Amy said...

I love the last pic especially. Too cute. Blessings.

Malinda777 said...

Now football & cheerleaders...true Americana! I spent 10 years on sidelines just like these :)

awareness said...

rah rah! I think I'd be jostling to get out on the field though! Must be the tomboy still left in me. :)

Great photos....

ps. i've been to Bradenton. My parents have a place in Longboat Key. Beautiful area.

Maria's Space said...

They are too cute.

Love this and hope my kids decide to play something one day.

smarmoofus said...

That little boy with the football looks so serious, doesn't he? So cute!

This is going to be a fun week to look at everybody's pictures, I think.
-smarmoofus

podso said...

I'm partial to aqua!

Bellezza said...

Hmmm, maybe I could make THAT team! (Not due to age, due to I might have a few smoother moves. Then again, probably not.)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Upwards is a wonderful ministry that God is really using in a lot of places.

Jamie Dawn said...

So much energy and fun!

Shammickite said...

Lovely pics, little ones are so much fun. I can hardly wait until grandson Callum asks me to come to his hockey and soccer games.... well, I may have to wait a while, he's not even 8 months old yet!!!

Reva said...

It seems you have alot of energy too and you love kids. They are always a source of fun and energy for us. They either give us energy or take it away. Anyway, thanks for your kind comments on my blog and I'll keep- checking yours out too.
Reva