It must have been a Saturday. Ella was dressed in her Penn State outfit with her blue and white shakers, all ready to cheer for the favorite football team. She has learned to say "We are....Penn State" and raise her arms and call "touchdown." Smart girl, this one. During the month she received a present from some friends of David. What was it? A Penn State hooded fleece...just what the doctor ordered.
One day in her bedroom she got her doctor's kit out. She's fond of the stethoscope. When she started seeing the pediatrician and the specialist, she really DIDN'T like all the poking and prodding. So she got a doctor's kit and took it with her to appointments. That has seemed to make things a lot easier. She decided to listen to my tummy...a lot to listen to.
When Carmi had his theme of "happy," I thought of Ella in her room with her books. She loves to be read to and does quite a good job of "reading" herself. There is a book fair at a barn near Harrisonburg that has book sales during the year. There is such a wonderful selection and the prices are so low. If I were still teaching, I'd go nuts there. I go nuts enough wanting to buy everything for Ella, but I restrained myself this year. I only bought three or four. They are hard to resist.
A future member of the church praise team? Maybe so. After church was over, she made her rounds of visiting at the church and then headed for the drum set. She's really quite talented. Maybe I should get her a drum set for Christmas? What do you think?!
These will have to do until I get "Little Red Riding Hood" uploaded. I left Virginia about 8:30 this morning. When I got near the North Carolina border, traffic was backed up because of road work, and I sat and crept along for more than an hour. So I'm sitting in a motel room near the Georgia border instead of the Florida border. I had hoped to get nearer home, but I stopped because I was afraid darkness might overtake me, and I don't see well enough at night to drive safely, so I'm sitting here watching a football game and doing this.
When I left this morning, there was ice on my windshield. In the morning when I get up, I'll probably put on a pair of shorts.
Later.

16 comments:
I am also watching football. University of Tennessee....oh my, did they ever lose. My brother is a big UT man...so, they are not doing so well tonight.
Ella is so cute and getting to be a big girl. So talented, too. Aren't they the best???
That little sweetie is getting so big. I can't believe a whole month has gone by already.
Please rest well and drive carefully the rest of the way home.
Looking forward to Little Red Riding Hood.
Books and music, some of the special things of childhood. I know what you mean about heavy traffic and bad weather and dark nights. I used to do all that without any worry but now my sight and reflexes aren't what they used to be so I try to avoid what I can
I'm sorry you di9dn't stop here for a night, Beverly. We have another blogger spending the weekend here (Farrago from Chicago) and we could always use one more!
I think Ella looks more like you every time I see a pic of her!
strange weather from ice to shorts..penn state byu utah all good, but penn state better
Love the pics - and yes, please buy her drums, every parents that:)
sounds like ya had a good time, and she is a real cute~T~pie!
hope ya have safe trip home~
What a wonderful time you had and I know you are already missing little Miss Ella. We're glad you had a safe trip back.
Hmmmm... somehow I don't think Ella's parents would appreciate the gift of a drum set.
She such a sweetie, so nice that you were able to spend a whole month in her company.
Yes, we are still in Florida, until Nov 20, when we head back to the Great White North. We are staying just N of Daytona at Ormond. Having fun but it's been cool and rainy for a few days, I'm waiting for the sun to shine.
Beverly, glad you are home safe. I know you had a blast up there, and the pictures are awesome. She is a doll. Blessings.
Are you in moderation or did I post wrong?
Ah, well..I'll try again!
My advice is only get your little Ella drums for Christmas IF you despise her parents!!! xxxx
She's becoming such a little girl, and losing that baby look. It's bittersweet, but wonderful to see them growing into themselves. She is so adorable. I love that she's playing the drums, maybe someday, she and Froggy can rock out together!
Thanks for the tip about taking a doctor's kit to appointments. My granddaughter is terrified of appointments - too much prodding and poking. Never thought of buying her a kit to take with her. She's still a bit young, but it might work anyway.
I also can't resist buying childrens' books, especially if the price is right! Our library sells used books for 10 cents. Can't get much better than that!
Ella looks quite at home behind the drums. I think it would make a wonderful Christmas gift. Not sure her parents would agree.
Lovely pics, as usual. Thanks for posting them.
Hope you get home o.k.
Hugs
we stayed up till 1am watching the US election results last night (with the rest of the world), and I'm pretty happy about the way things turned out. The future has suddenly got a little brighter. It was very interesting being here in Florida on election day, specially as Florida was one of the pivotal states.
Drums for Christmas--your son & DIL will "thank" you.
Ella sure is a sweetie.
A drum set would be a great gift... and of course a few more books.
That's a great idea to have her bring her doctor kit to her doctor appointments. I'm sure it helped ease her anxiety.
Post a Comment