One of the teachers at the school had taken a course, "Teaching Math through Baseball" or something like that. During the course there was a drawing, and she won a visit from one of the players. Today was the day. When the end of January comes, pitchers and catchers begin arriving in Florida ahead of the rest of the team to get ready for spring training.
I didn't get too close, but I was happy I had the telephoto lens on my camera so that I could get these pictures. Navarro is one of the many great players on this team...the Tampa Bay Rays, who beat the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Blue Jays and the Orioles in their division and then went on to win the playoffs and go to the World Series!
There are four of us who do our best to get to several of the games during the season. With four in the car, we get to park free. That's a plus. Upper deck seats are the best, and they're not very expensive, so we can attend games without spending too much money, and that's a good thing. Seeing him today just made me excited about the season ahead. The lineup has changed, but hopefully the change is all a good thing. Let's go, Rays!

16 comments:
Well, this was certainly your lucky day, wasn't it, Beverly? Glad you stumbled into this little gathering and that it warmed your heart!
we hope to catch (no pun intended) a game when we are there ... love the baseballs on your page!
what fun!
the theme on your page is great!
Your new theme looks very fresh and new - but you lose me when you talk baseball.....LOL
The start of a season is always so much fun. How exciting to see some of the players up close and personal.
Can't say as I'm a baseball fan. Football all the way for me.
Beverly, I can't believe that much time has passed since the World Series and spring training is starting. Did your team lose any stars - I haven't read about any trades.
So spring isn't so far off after all! hooray for baseball!
I love your new theme on your blog Beverly....but then I love baseball. It looks great! Isn't it nice to really look forwarad to something like the baseball season? You have a lot to look forward to. I'm looking forward to the Cubs season too; but I'm a little upset too because they've already let go of a couple of players I was very fond of. I hate when that happens. One in particular....and I don't think it was a good decision either....I'm actually kind of mad at them right now. (Like I expected them to consult me.) But it is exciting, isn't it Bev?
A BASEBALL FAN, huh?
And I'll BET you're a BIG LA DODGER'S FAN! (NOT!)
Hi, Beverly...I miss being here and am glad I got the time to come by today.......computer problems and busy-ness have prohibited me from getting around too much...
GOOD to be here...... I love the Sarah post below, too..WHAT an adorable child sitting there between the dolls....So So SO cute!!
XX
Spring must be around the corner! Looks like you had a good time. Love you new background.
Hugs
Love your background Beverly. Its perfect for the story and pictures.
How neat that you got to see him at the school!
I hope that when you attend these games that you spend money on those yummy stadium hot dogs. I always love hot dogs at the ball game!
I haven't gone to a ball game in a few years. The last one I attended was when we went to the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania. President Bush threw the opening pitch that day, and we had lots of fun.
I need to see a professional game one of these days.
I hope your Rays do well this season!!!
:-)
That must have been a great math lesson to have earned such a prize!
What fun for you to get to see it too!
We enjoy going to the SF Giant games now and then, but I also love watching our two grandsons play.
xo
hey quit getting ahead of yourself, stupid bowl and then we think about baseball
Beverly, I was looking at the baby picture of your daughter and for the life of me, I thought at first it was Ella! They really favor each other in the face!
Happy Birthday to your Sarah.... we all know that only the BEST have January birthdays..... (ha, ha)
Post a Comment