Saturday, May 23, 2009
Smiles
I've read for sometime a blog by a mom of a 3-year-old toddler in California. Often she includes "Froggyisms," some of the funny things that her daughter comes up with. I commented once that I could hardly wait until Ella would be coming up with her own funny sayings.
Yesterday a nap was not in the schedule, Ella's schedule, that is. She usually goes right down and sleeps for three hours, and I generally get a nap in too. Not yesterday. I finally gave up and got some markers and paper out. When she managed to do it, I'm not sure, but sometime during our art project, she marked all over the bottom of her feet. When she got into the tub for her bath, she was quite upset that she wouldn't be "The Mixed-Up Chameleon" any more. Now you have to know Eric Carle's children's book by that title to understand..
Last night around 8 o'clock, she had her bath already and all the things that have to be done in getting her ready for bed. There was plenty of daylight outside, and she could hear children's voices outside. She went to the door and said, "My friends!" A couple of middle-school aged children from next door came over to the door, and Ella said, "I'm trapped inside!" That brought a chuckle to us all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
that was just toooo cute! :)
have a great weekend !
Too funny. Don't you wonder how their minds work sometimes? I know I begin to wonder just how old they really are when they say such grown-up things.
Love this. Thanks for sharing. Bev.
Out of the mouths.....
I am sure it won't be the last funny thing she says!!
How adorable she is...I wish I had written down all of Nyssa's funny sayings... I have some but not all of them. She is growing up too fast indeed. That hair looks a bit more red each day!
Funny! And you're having a special time I know!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! More Ella stories!
Oh yeah, I had one of those no-nap days with Jasmine. And she was tired. Didn't draw on her feet. Maybe next year when she's 3.
It must have been funny to see pictures on her feet. Never thought of that, so I must read that childrens book!
Out of the mouths.... You will be hearing lots more (as you know). And they do say the funniest things!
Sweet picture. Ella's growing! So is her hair. Love it!
What a hoot! I think you better start writing down some of these little "Ellaisms" Bev. Save them in a journal....too adorable. Wouldn't she get a kick out of them when she gets older?
ADORABLE! What a cutie pie!
Enjoy every moment...
xoxo
a socialite who was unabkle tio act out her desires of beint social
Ella is so photogenic! And you take some great pictures of her. Glad you enjoyed your time in VA. I know you'll be counting the days till Ella's birthday so you can go back again.
Cute, cute, cute! This is only the beginning of many funny and endearing things Ella will come up with.
Post a Comment