Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps
"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." Genesis 8:22

15 comments:
Beautiful color up there near the mountains. We have only a little bit at present.
(My word verification is PRAYE!)
Oh Bev...I don't have to tell you how much I love these trees and their gorgeous Fall colors. You've been to my blog and read my recent post. Your neighborhood has some beautiful changes going on in it...and I could look at them all day. We're having more than we did; but our weather has been cold and rainy here. I still feel we're getting cheated out of our beautiful Autumn I'm afraid.
Lovely fall colour. The quotes are good too!
I must admit the last picture has us intrigued. I think It's the prettiest, also. But is this the branches coming out sideways, or did you take it from bottom to top, then turn the picture around? It's very lovely!
goregous color in these photos and I LOVE leaf kicking. not much chance to do that here in FL. when are you coming home
Perfect quotes to go with the beautiful pictures. Love the last one looking up into the canopy of the trees. Nice work.
Just beautiful.
What lovely shots! Very nice. :D
I adore those fall colours! They just glow in the sunshine don't they!
there she is right up there in your header, oh me oh my....as usual your claim to fame is your pictures, latatoocheeatshee from lactocknee.....i read and got caught up on all your blags and once agin that i hve added you to my favorites...got deleted at one time...thanks for inadvertantly reminding me of our friendship
SO pretty! I love autumn!! I am enjoying the fall colors in my neighborhood, and I sure wish they would last longer. I hate for winter to come. Oh, well, that's how it is, and I can't complain since we don't have harsh winters like so many others do.
I scrolled down to see the latest pics of Ella.
What a little princess! She is growing up so fast.
Ella ia a doll! Love the fall pics too. It does look similar to here, but most of our leaves blew off yesterday! (Leaving us with a dull Nov. landscape!)
you need to poasts some new pictures
Lovely lovely autumn colours. Such a beautiful world, but especially in the fall.
This series is the perfect antidote to the moment I had this morning, when I first walked out of the house and it hit me that most of the leaves were down. The street looked so bare, so stark.
I guess I'll have to come back to this entry to remind me that beauty like this will return before I know it.
Post a Comment