I have another problem. Since I have been having pain in my leg, I have had a very difficult time sleeping at night. When you can't sleep, what do you do? I stay awake all day in hopes of being really sleepy when I go to bed. I go upstairs, lie down, and become wide awake. Do any of you experience this problem and what do you.
I read about the soothing effects of chamomile tea and made off to the grocery store to buy some. I steeped tea last evening, took a sip, and then held my nose to try to drink more so that I wouldn't taste it. Blech! When Mother Rabbit made it for Peter, I think it was truly a punishment!
I welcome your thoughts. Does anyone want 19 bags of chamomile tea? They are sealed. I will send them to the first person who asks. Good night.

16 comments:
Occassionally I can't sleep and the one thing that does help is that I like so XM radio. (since we live in the boonies and I don't hardly get any reception on the am radio stations)--I went satellie. I did it for my tinnitus, but it also puts me to sleep. I like it better than having the TV on.
I hope this passes for you.
Bev don't give up on the chamomile tea, It makes a difference when I drink it at night before bed. I make it concentrated (leave the bag in) --actually heat it in the microwave. But I only make half a cup so I don't drink so much before bedtime (you know)...and it works. I don't go for the taste so much, as I enjoy the warmth of a soothing hot drink. :-)
Oh, my, I had hoped you would be getting some sleep by now! Ella sympathizes, she didn't nap today. She's been bringing over new blue Baby elephant in her stroller and says Grammy gave him to her. If left to my own devices, I need to stay in bed at least 12 hours, because I get woke up with pain about a thied of the time. I don't nap in the day, or drink any tea or coffee after 4 P.M. Then I just lay in bed and say prayers. Pastor Stan used to tell us that when he couldn't sleep, he just said his prayers, and he'd go to sleep. But he wasn't in pain. Have you tried ditching your pain meds and taking an Aleve two hours before bed? That even helps torn rotator cuffs, and lasts 12 hours.
Magnesium helps me sleep sometimes. And sometimes, I lie awake a long long time.
sleepy time tea is what i use,
or I put a movie I watch to watch on and I will fall asleep every time!
Read a really boring book....works for me.
I have heard that warm milk and honey helps.
Most often, if I can't sleep, I simply get up and iron. Eventually I get so tired of that that sleep comes.
I simply think about all the things that I am planning to get done the following day and just thinking about the effort involved usually sends me to sleep. But I rarely sleep through the night, I often wake up and look at the clock and groan "only 2:25, better go back to sleep".
i think sleepless nights for women come with our age and the pain adds to it. all of my friends have these sleepless nights at times. one of the things i do is go over in my head all the verses of scripture is know, several times. sometimes that works sometimes not. if i go for 3 nights without gettting sleep, i take tylanol PM and that knocks me right out all night. hope someone says something that helps. i also do what ginny said, say prayers. and i know you already do that. how about excercise of some kind, have you tryed that? walking or a gym? or something you can do. i have more toss and turn nights than sleep at times, more times than I like. maybe you could just go with Misery loves company?
PS, forgot to say i am with you on that tea. YUCK and double YUCK and i have a friend who drinks it and likes it and it does not help her sleep
This is not something that works for a lot of people but caffeine works for me. I usually sleep better if I have a few cups of coffee after dinner--the real stuff! I guess it has a paradoxical effect one me. I do hope you find good sleep soon. It makes all the difference.
Your little Ella is adorable. And Ginny and Phil obviously love her a lot!
I had the exact same problem and the more I worried about being unable to fall asleep, the wider awake I became. Until I started taking 25 mg of Benadryl before bed. Take one a night until your dreams start turning into nightmares and then stop taking them until your sleep problem returns then start them up again.
So sorry you are haveing so much pain and lack of sleep. Sometimes I go and lay down in another room. Its like "changing" the channel on my overworked brain.
I agree on the Camomille. Tastes pretty yucky to me. Maybe the Sleepytime by Celestial Seasonings would help. It does have the big C in it but it has other flavors too. Peppermint tea also sometimes helps.
I don't usually have a problem sleeping; but every so often I have one of those nights. I love my tea....pretty much all kinds. If I was really having a problem sleeping I think I'd make a nice cup of peppermint or green tea and sit at my computer until the effects of the tea kicked in... ~Joy
no, i don't want your damed tea>>.read my blog and see the kind of trouble i am in>>>doctor's appointment
Through many sleepless nights I found 1/2 small banana and about 4 ounces of milk did the trick. I still resort to it sometimes.
Ambien.."a good night's sleep in a bottle!" good luck, Beverly
Post a Comment