Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday Morning Manna

When I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.      
Micah 7:8

As I cross on life's tumultuous seas,
sailing from earth to Heaven's bright shore.
Christ is like a mighty lighthouse,
Helping me to navigate my course.

He guides me safely through tides of temptation,
Over dangerous reefs of sin.
Lighting my way through dark troubled waters,
'til the glorious port of Heaven I win.
- unknown -

For thou art my lamp, O Lord; and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2 Samuel 22:29

7 comments:

S. Etole said...

What a refreshing sight and hymn.

Wendy said...

What a beautiful pic! Love the ocean and lighthouse. Lovely hymn.

podso said...

What a good post and wonderful lighthouse picture!
Am enjoying your posts!

srp said...

It has been years since I heard that mellow voice of Tennessee Ernie Ford. Nothing like the old hymns. My dad says that the young people today are missing out on so much by singing the praise choruses and ignoring the hymns. He says that the words of the great hymns contain the entire gospel message and all the theology they ever need. When he was a boy, they went to church on Sunday out in the country... but only had a preacher every other Sunday. But his mom sang those hymns while she worked in the kitchen and raised the five kids... so every day he heard the gospel story... in depth.... and those words prepared his heart for God's call.

The congregation sang Victory in Jesus at Mom's funeral and it was so joyous a sound... I don't think the angels could have done better!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my grandmother loved Ernie and Eddie Arnold. this is an old favorite of mine, we used to sing it in church. used to being the clue word

Fred Alton said...

A beautiful song done by a great singer! Thanks for posting.

Shammickite said...

News flash: Twins have arrived.... WOOHOO! I'm a very happy Nana.