This past Monday, my friend Bettie took me to visit her cousin and his wife down in Raphine. I had been wanting to go there so much, and I finally had the chance. Pat and Suzy have a sheep farm. When we arrived, my breath was taken away by the beauty of the rolling hills, their big old farm house, her clothesline with the wash hung out, and the sheep.
It was so much fun to watch the babies running to their mamas when they heard their bleats. After walking around some, we sat out on the porch overlooking the meadow where the sheep were, and it was just so peaceful. I told Suzy that if I lived there, I'd probably never leave.
After a while, we went in, had a little dessert, and then went out to the barn where there were some orphan lambs being held in a pen and being bottle fed and getting other food until they're ready to go out into the field. As we walk out toward the barn, and the sheep heard Suzy's voice, they began to call for her. They knew their mama was coming!
We stopped and looked at the babies for a while, but there was still one little lamb crying for Suzy. That baby was in another section. Suzy went over and picked him up and brought him for us to see. What a cutie!
While we were sitting on the porch, enjoying the gentle breeze and taking in all the sights and sounds around us, I could not help think of young David, as he took care of the sheep. Probably the most familiar Psalm is his, Psalm 23...The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. Beautiful choral music has been written with this psalm as the theme. Choruses has been written using the same theme.
Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd." He said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.:
2 comments:
What a grand adventure! I have not been yet. Are you starting your blog up?
Enjoyed your story and photos of the farm! I'm sure it was a refreshing time. And how nice that you met a friend of Don's down at De Soto. God must have planned that all just to encourage you!
Post a Comment