I was browsing blogs the other day and found one whose author was scanning old photos and sharing some of them on her posts. That has been my intention for some time...to preserve some of those old photos that continue to age.
When my son, David, was in junior high and high school, he wanted to play the guitar, and I never encouraged that. I apologized to him later. He finally bought a guitar and basically taught himself to play, and he is used that gift in his campus ministry and church.
Once while he was home, I showed him this picture of his great-grandfather. He's the one with the banjo. I don't know when the picture was taken, but I imagine it was in Georgia becasue that's where my daddy was born. I think that David was pleased to know that he perhaps shared some of the talent from his grandfather's side of the family.
The woman in the black dress is my great-grandmother. I know that because I recognize the black dress from another photo. I don't know about the others. I wish I knew the date also that the picture was made.
3 comments:
Old and aged photos fascinate me. I look at the faces and wonder about the time they lived and the stories they could tell.
These are great.
If you want you can download Picasa from picasa.com and use it to help fix some of the pics. It will take some of the brown out of the pictures and you might be able to make the pictures clearer.
I've scanned in a lot of these old pictures and have another stack to scan.
I did indeed download Picasa...learned about it from your website. I've got loads to do to. Thanks for your encouragement. What kind of camera do you use?
Post a Comment