Friday, March 03, 2006

My Grandkittens


I love to go to the blogs that have pictures of cats. My, how many cat lovers there are in the blogosphere. I lost my feline friend of 18 years last fall. She was with us through thick and thin. My daughter, Sarah, however, has two cats named Tucker and Samson. Whenever I need a kitty fix, I go to her house.

Tucker came to live with her when he was about six weeks old. She had held him from the day he was born, and my they have such a wonderful bond. He is all black, except for a little bit of white here and there. He had his fourth birthday in May.

One day Sarah said, "Mom, I think I'm going to get another cat." She had been going to Petsmart, and a cat there chose her to be his mom. The Humane Society places cats there in hopes of adopting them out. Every time she would go, Samson would reach out his paw to her. He chose her insteach of her choosing him.

The boys get along famously. Samson has never been declawed, and when Sarah brought him home, Tucker showed him the scratching post, and he began using that, and his claws don't come out at all unless he's chasing one of his many mice around the house.

Tucker is long and lean; Samson is short and stocky. They keep each other company while Mom is at work. Such great friends!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys! I don't know what I'd do without them. Life certainly would not be as interesting!

srp said...

Did their mom just go out the door or are they watching the birds too.

BTW, Max appears to be responding to the chemo. I know it is just a matter of time, but after only one Cytoxan, the nodules are greatly reduced in size and in fact many I cannot find any more. Hope it lasts a while.

Beverly said...

I believe they were watching the birds.

I surely hope that Max continues to respond to the chemo.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo of Tucker and Samson,two very nice looking cats. You have two very handsome grandcats. :-)