Wow, it's windy. David called me today to warn me about the wind when driving over the mountain from Charlottesville to Waynesboro. I told him I had been feeling the wind all the way up, especially in North Carolina. When I passed Charlottesville, there was a sign up about high winds. When I got near Waynesboro, I understood what they meant. I was very glad to arrive safely.
Ella is beautiful, of course. It took her a few minutes to warm up to me, but we'll have the next two weeks to play and get to know each other again.
I'm sorry about my last post. I thought I had it fixed for photos. I'll work on it tomorrow and maybe get them up.
One of the fun things today was meeting Kenju. We had lunch together at Bob Evans on I-95. I appreciate so much her coming. The weather was windy. She said that while she was driving to the restaurant, her husband called and said that a tree had blown over, and the power had gone off. After talking for two hours, we said good-by. I came on to Virginia, and she was on her way back home.
9 comments:
Good to hear you are traveling safely. Enjoy sweet Ella!
First, it's not your fault about the pictures. It's their fault.
Second, That wind has been howling! It still is. Now, that, may be your fault.
Enjoy your grandchild. Hold on to her!
We understand about the pictures, Beverly, it is Blogger's fault!
I enjoyed meeting you today and felt as if we had known each other for a long time. Kiss that sweet baby Ella for me and have a great visit with your family.
Glad you had a safe trip and don't pass up a moment to hugg Ella ? Grand children are special ! Blessings. Ron.
Now I'm jealous on three counts, baby kisses of course, but lunch with you and Kenju!
The wind was something here too.
*whew*
Glad you didn't have any BIG problems with the nor'easter! Enjoy that baby!!
Thanks so much for your visit, Beverly...I have never visited you before...And I can't wait to see the picture of you and Kenju...! What fun that you got to meet and visit..."in Person"!
I hope you have a really lovely time with that little darling baby....Are you anywhere near Blacksburg? What a terrible terrible thing....!
Two weeks with baby Ella.. how wonderful. We will want to see lots and lots of pictures.
Our server here has been going in and out all day. Either that or the modem is getting ready to kick the bucket. That wind was horrible all week, glad you got there safely.
BTW, I really did for certain get a package in the mail today for you... should be to your son's in a couple of days.
Post a Comment