Sunday, August 05, 2007

One year old!

One year old! August 4. Friends and family gathered for a birthday celebration for Ella in the back yard. Ella's mom and dad planned a wonderful day for Ella and all of us who gathered. The gorgeous cake pictured above and another one were available for the guests while Ella had her own cake.

She wasn't too sure about her cake but did manage to get her hands in it and then on her face and in her hair. That's what the first birthday cake is for, right?
Ella's parents had requested the presence of guests, but not presents. However, not too many people listened. Books and clothes were the presents of the day. One of the books was the Golden Book, The Poky Little Puppy. I think that was the first Golden Book that I ever had, and that was probably 55 years ago. Maybe it was actually longer ago than that.
We all oohed and aahed over the clothes while Ella seemed to enjoy the hangers. A couple of molars are working their way through, so the hanger can only help, right?
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Susie said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Miss Adorable Ella!
What a blessing she is :)

L. said...

Hi Beverly!
I love these pictures of your precious little angel, Ella! Happy, happy birthday to her! She is really adorable....and walking already....Owen is still doing the crawling and standing thing...but he's not steady enough to take any steps yet.

Owen turns 1 on September 1st so I am heading back up to Minnesota at the end of this month for his little celebration! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by.

We are blessed, aren't we? : )
Take care,
Grammie

kenju said...

Happy Birthday to the beauteous Ella! I wish I could kiss those plump little cheeks!

Lauren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!

Beverly, thank you so much for blogging about your life and your granddaughter. I really feel like I'm a part of your extended family. What a beautiful little girl Ella is.

May God bless you and your family as you celebrate the precious life of this little one. You are always close to my heart.

Love,
Lauren

Bet said...

What a lovely celebration. I'm glad you could be a part of it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love all of these photos- the hanger, the balloons, the cakes- but most of all the healthy vibrancy of this beautiful child. That's the part that feels like the best gift, yes? Happy Birthday, Ella!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for the pictures to keep us informed ! I am also grateful that God has blessed Ella and Her family with beautiful memories !
Every once in a while when I think I'm slipping in my memories that have accumalated over the years ,I just get my albums down ?
I am so glad that you all had a wonderful time !

Blessings.
Ron.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. look at her. She is just so adorable. One year old.. my the time has just flown by.

Happy Happy Birthday Ella. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my...she really is precious! I was going to say, "Make mine the chocolate!" but those hangers must be awfully good, so....

It's really hard to look at her and remember that she has any major challenges. I hope that bodes well for her, but I'm not putting my trust in hope, alone. Please, Father and lover of children, raise up little Ella to be your strong, healthy, living expression of your Holy Spirit and your love for others. You made her; you know every piece of tissue, every cell in her little body, and you know just how to make it all work as you intended. Let her health bring glory to you!

photowannabe said...

She looks so happy and in good health. We pray for a cure and new discoveries for CF. Fun pictures of a sweet angel.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I can't believe she is 1! Wow how time flies. She is becoming quite the fashionista! She looked so cute in that little outfit she had on for her birthday and she looked like she had a grand time! She looks happy and healthy and for that we can all be thankful for.

Blessings.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

The cake looks yummy, but obviously the hangers looked yummier than the cake to the birthday girl! Adorable photos!