There's not much going on here. The weather is wonderful, not yet too hot. Most of the snow birds have gone back home, and we don't have the terribly congested traffic as we do during the winter months.
Our Great Strides walk is this Saturday at Siesta Key beach. Having never done this before, I'm not sure what to expect. On Monday I'm going to go to Tampa to volunteer in the CFF office. I offered to work on the computer. The lady I spoke with said that they never have volunteers who want to work on computers, so she was ecstatic. On Monday they'll be counting all the funds that have come in from the walks in the greater Tampa Bay area.
I've been putting off doing some things around my house. I have tile in my downstairs, all except the dining room and living room. The Groutsm*th came today and cleaned it all. It looks like new. I told the gentleman who came to measure and give me an estimate that I had been tempted to cover it with wood flooring. His reply was that cleaning the tile and grout would be a fraction of the cost of wood. And indeed it was.
If you ever need any tile or grout cleaned, I highly recommend the Groutsm*th.
The upstairs bathroom had black and white tile in a checkerboard pattern, and I decided it was time for that to go, so I'm retiling that floor and replacing my toilets in the two upstairs bathrooms. The old ones are as old as the house, so I figured it is time. I'm also going for the higher stool. They are so much nicer, especially when you're tall or the knees are a little stiff.
After I recover from this, I'm going to replace my carpet upstairs and on the stairs. When you get started and refresh one area, the other spaces all of a sudden look like they need redoing too.
My friend Peg (the other Peg) and I have been playing tourist. A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Ringling M*seum of Art. There was an exhibit of Grandma M*ses. If you ever come to this area, the museum grounds are a must see. The Ringling's vacation home is there, as well as a circus museum.
Yesterday we went to our local historical park and reminisced about days gone by here in our county. The gentleman who offered to be our guide has only lived here for three years, and I think he found it more interesting to listen to us talking about our childhood and our growing up here.
Next weekend is our Sweet Adelines regional competition in Daytona Beach. Our chorus has been working hard to polish up our songs, but we have a way to go. I still have a few notes to correct on one of the songs, so it's practice, practice, practice.
Have a good weekend, everyone.
12 comments:
You keep busy! How does the groutsm--- work? I wonder how long it lasts. I could use one!
I hear you on the fixing up. We remodeled the one bathroom, and then had to have the shower tile replaced, 'cause the workmanship had been so bad. The grout looked awful, too, because they used epoxy grout (really, it's epoxy + grout; it's horrible to work with, goes on very poorly, and if you try to patch it, the color is different. Don't ever let anyone sell you on epoxy grout). Anyway, the second time was a smashing success, but we just aren't emotionally ready for the hall bath re-do, yet. Maybe next year.
You're really busy! I will be once I get over this cold or flu I have.
Feels good to spruce the place up, doesn't it?
Well, you are quite the busy bee lately.
That's good. Enjoy all your activities.
I have tile in most of my home, except for the bedrooms. I love it!
Enjoy your weekend and keep practicing your songs!
I saw the Grandma Moses exhibit last year at the Hunter in Chattanooga when I went to see Tommy Emmanuel. The videos of her speaking were wonderful.
Walk Strong Beverly (and watch for potholes)
Have a great walk, Beverly. You are doing a terrific act.
I'm envious of all your projects. One of these days I have a long list to tackle.
You sound very busy for "not much going on' :)
My husband always says that any little remodeling project is like a avalanche and sort of takes on a life of its own. It's fun to have fresh new things in our homes though!
xo
I hope you had a nice weekend.
Mine was busy, but good.
:-)
I need to replace the carpet in our upstairs. It is at least 16 years old, but I just can't think about moving everything around up there while they recarpet.....
I have a friend, here in Houston, who signs with the Sweet Adalines. She travels all around to the different competitions. Her whole family loves to sing. Have a good time at the competition.
We're having the carpets done in one week. I am looking forward to it AND not looking forward to it. I have a lot to move around before it all happens.
We are also planning on remodelling parts of the house when we both retire.
This weekend we did some 'outdoor' remodelling. Finally removing the gardeina bushes that would not grow correctly and hopefully relocating them where they will be happier.
We too are in the midst of renovations. You are so right about one thing leading too another. :-)
Post a Comment