September 21 was the final home game of the regular baseball season for the Tampa Bay Rays. The rows in the stands were filled with Rays fans eager to see their team play on this final game and to wish them well in the playoffs. The team ended up winning the American League Championship and went on to play in the World Series. Unfortunately, they did not win the World Series, but they are champions to us fans in this area of Florida.
Ev*n Longoria was chosen to be rookie of the year by a unanimous ballot, and Joe Madd*n was named AL Coach of the Year. This team, which had the worst record in baseball last year turned it around this year to win it all--almost.
Now when someone mentions the Tampa Bay Rays, you won't have to ask, "Who?" To see more photos of rows, visit Carmi's blog.

14 comments:
Yikes! Rows, rows, everywhere rows. You certainly did well with these pics.
Might know you would hit a game...you are the big sports fan, right???
both pots of rows are unique with their own individual creations. Very nice take on the theme.
Great rows shot Beverly and congratulations to your Rays too.
We were planning on getting our Flu shots this last week but instead hubby got sick...go figure. He is a skosh better, thank goodness.
my son tony from syracuse not new york's..... favorite team is the tampa bay buccuneers that is syracuse utar.... when up town people.... great place to roam.... not the sticks like latacoocee from whatsa phhoochee
I'm not such a good sports fan. But, I am a great fan of YOU! ;)
They did do quite well, didn't they.... and I gathered they weren't expected to either!
Great pictures!
Great job, Rays, to get to the World Series!
I watched the last innings of most of the games on TV, and my son and his friend actually had tickets for the first two games so they flew down from Canada, and stayed in Tampa for 4 days.... they had a great time!
How exciting for you Beverly. I watched a lot of the games this year....it was an exciting series. My Cubbies got knocked out early...heartbreaking. I'll tell you....your Rays sure surprised a LOT of people....they were great. I think we have another thing in common Bev....sports NUTS! Take care.... ~Joy
hey! Did I see a DODGER fan in that crowd?!!!
i always thout evan longorian was on dispirate house guys until i watched the rays during the series...you know the one married to parker from france bb player
I see rows and rows of people.
Hooray for the Rays!!
I bet it was fun to watch. . .but the Phillies won it all! (Sorry--just had to throw that in there).
Truth is, though, I am more a Pirates fan--and lord knows, it's been a L-O-N-G time since the Pirates were at the top.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
I hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment