Monday, February 02, 2009



A friend sent this to me in an e-mail, and it was too good not to share.

We've had lots of rain today, which is a good thing. I'm glad that it didn't rain last night for the big game. Now we're to have some freezing weather again. I know all the northerners laugh at us in Florida when the temperature drops to freezing or near there. I happen to like it, knowing that in three months or so, the heat will be with us once again.

There is a little boy in the UNC hospital today undergoing surgery right now (8 p.m. Feb. 2) receiving new lungs. He is only seven, with cystic fibrosis. Please remember him and his family in your prayers. And as always, please pray for the scientists who are searching for a cure to this disease that literally takes your breath away.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--a double-lung transplant. I sure hope it goes well and that his new lungs give him long life.

What will new lungs mean, for him, in terms of being a person with CF? Besides being able to breathe, that is. Will the CF cease to be a problem, or will his new lungs be vulnerable to the disease, as well?

kenju said...

I am happy for your rain and cool temperatures, Beverly, and I will pray for the little boy and his doctors.

L. said...

What an incredibly touching video....I loved it!

Sending prayers for the llittle boy going into surgery....
xoxo

Jamie Dawn said...

Baby deer and little kitten... how cute!

Lord, I pray for that little boy and his family. I pray this lung transplant is successful.

Let us know how this little guy is doing, Bev.
My heart breaks for him and all who suffer with this disease. May there be a huge breakthrough in treatment and a cure!!!

photowannabe said...

Wonderful video. It does make one feel good about the world.
the little guy is in my prayers.
We are suppose to finally get some rain showers on Thursday. We need it so badly.

KGMom said...

The video--awwww.

~PakKaramu~ said...

Visiting your blogs

Anonymous said...

The video is just darling. So very cute. :-)

Sending prayers for the little one about to be gifted with new lungs. I pray that all goes well.

Putz said...

tell me what you think as what was meant to be a tribute to women having kids and not a bombasti diatrabe on doctrine now on putz

Reva said...

Feel good videos and pics are always a welcome sight I think. I'm sorry to hear about the little boy with the double lung transplant. I think lung transplants are still fairly new andmay or may not be a long time fix, but even one more day or year will be a blessing for his family I'm sure. We'll keep him in our prayers for sure.
reva

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly
Thank you for sharing that touching video. If only we could make humans have the same tolerance...if only.

Prayers for the little boy receiving the double lung transplant...I hope it brings him a brand new life.

Wendy said...

What a sweet video! Love and prayers for that little boy. He still has a long way to go.
Love and Light

Deb said...

Love this video Beverly! I love the song....but then you put the video with it and it is adorable! I will have to show it to Sophie tomorrow!

We will certainly keep this little boy in our prayers!