Last week, or maybe two weeks ago, I asked what you do when you can't sleep. There were lots of suggestions or ideas. I'm not sure what has happened, but I'm beginning to sleep better. I am very grateful for that. The leg pain is diminishing. I'm able to walk a good distance now without pain. Standing still is difficult. I have a few more sessions of therapy, and then I think they will discharge me. I went to a pain management doctor who wanted to inject me with cortisone in my lower back, but I decided not to do that.
Our town was quite excited this past weekend when one of our local high schools (my alma mater) played their first football game of the season against a team from Tampa and beat them quite handily. The exciting thing was that it was telecast on E*PN. I had a ticket for a play at the local theater so I didn't get to go, but I would have been there otherwise.
Now we are all excited by our Tampa Bay Rays who will be playing in the post season unless something horrible would happen. I've been to quite a few games in St. Petersburg during the season and hope to make it to some of the post-season games. A ticket or two for the World Series would be fun.
For the past three weeks I've been helping a dear friend get settled in her new home at Il Villagio (formerly known as Bradenton Missionary Village.) Winters in New York have been harsh, and so her children thought a move here would be good. Moving to Florida in August is not ideal. The weather is hot and humid. We've had fun buying some living room furniture for her apartment and taking care of lots of other things. It has been hard for her to make such a move at 85, but she's a good sport, and I know that once winter comes, she'll be glad she's here. I know I'm glad she's here. We've been good friends for a long time. In fact, I taught a couple of her kids when I was in Haiti.
I wish you all a good week ahead.
8 comments:
Oh, does your friend have family in Florida as well? I know how hard it is for 80+ year olds to move. Mom and Dad still have trouble getting used to the new house even though Stephen has done all he can to make them comfortable.
How nice for you that she is nearby. I hope she adjusts well and quickly.
glad you leg is a lttle better. I have a friend in fort myers and she took the shots in her back and found they did not help much at all with the pain. i think you made the right decison on that. i did not know they changed the name of missioanry village. now i will not know how to pronounce it.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better and are more mobile. Will you be traveling to see that cute little Ella any time soon? Fall in the valley is beautiful.
Best,
Bonnie
Glad to see a new post from you, but even gladder to hear you are sleeping better! A little extra sleep can make the world a much kinder place! And yes, we got there 20 minures early.
I'm so glad you're sleeping better and feeling better..may it keep up!
So happy to hear that your nights are better and the pain is lessening.
And on college football... we are very excited here. My nephew has been recruited by the Manitoba Bisons football team. He lives and breathes football.. and this also means a full scholarship. Something tells me I will be going to a lot of football games this fall.
Wow.. very impressed with your friend. 85 and still able and willing to make such a change. Good for her.. and very impressive.
I meant to tell you, i put your header on my desktop this morning. I love this photo, it is my all time favorite photo on your site.
didn't you have a snake in your house once? seems i remember a post. see if you can findit and use your knew photo and link back to it.
Post a Comment