Saturday, July 22, 2006

At the top of the Sears Tower

 
I flew into Midway Airport on July 6. My friend met me there, and we proceeded into the city for our two days at Women of Faith. After we got to the hotel, we walked over to the Sears Tower and took the elevator to the top. As the elevator was ascending, our ears were popping. The view that day was visible for approximately 30 miles. A museum of sorts is at the top giving some of the highlights of Chicago's history. Many visitors were there, each taking his turn looking through the windows, taking photos, and then moving aside so that others could see as well.
 Looking out and down, the vehicles on the street looked like insects; in fact, when I looked at this photo, I thought I had pressed the shutter with nothing in view, but then when I looked again, there they were. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

TJ said...

I have just loved visiting my blogging friends this summer and seeing all their trip pictures...It's like getting to go with them in a way!!
Have a great day!!
:-D

AC said...

I have been right in this spot! what an experience.

I absolutely love Chicago and had a great time there. If I ever had a "vacation" home, I would get a loft and live large! More fun for me than the beach and I already live in the mountains, sort of.

srp said...

Nyssa & I went to the top of the Sears Tower when my brother was in Phantom there. The wind whips and I can't imagine how the workers managed to hang on while building that structure. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... that is quite the view. I am not sure that I would have been able to look down.