Saturday, July 22, 2006

Michael Jordan at the United Center


On Friday, July 7, we made our way to the United Center where Women of Faith was being held. Having seen this statue of Michael Jordan on an episode of ER once, I was eager to see it for real.

As we were standing there, we heard a young woman so, "Oh, did Michael Jordan play here?" Duh. I realize not everyone in the world knows or cares, but I found it really neat. Inside the arena were the retired jerseys of Michael, Scottie Pippen, Jerry Sloan, and another player that I did not know. There were also retired jerseys of some of the Chicago Blackhawks (hockey). Those I was not as familiar with since hockey has just begun to be a big sport in Florida.

Hanging from the rafters also were all the banners from all the winning seasons. It was neat to be there. I would have loved to have been there for a Bulls game back in the days of MIchael and all the other great players who played during those years. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Chicago in the late 80's, I miss it a lot. Thanks for the pictures and commentary.

srp said...

It has been so long since I've been there for any time, I don't think this statue was there. In fact, I think he was still an active player then.

Anonymous said...

I do not get a chance to watch much basketball but I have always thought highly of Michael Jordan. I think the statue is very complimentary.