One of the reasons for my going to Chicago was to attend the Women of Faith conference at the United Center with my good friend, Peg. Since it was July 7,8, and then I had the Pampered Chef conference the 13-15, I stayed a few days with Peg out in Huntley.
Peg and her husband (my former pastor here in Bradenton) moved to the Chicago area to work in the office of the Baptist General Conference. It was a hard move for Peg. She had spent her adult life here in Bradenton and had made many lasting friendships. Their cat, Sandy, had died of old age here in Bradenton about a year ago.
After being in Huntley for a few months, Peg once again had the longing for a cat. She and her husband searched the shelters, and then one day, as she was leaving one of them, the lady in charge told her that there was a cat who was isolated from all the others because she tested positive for feline aids. When Peg saw her, her heart melted. Jacinda, her original name, came home to live with Don and Peg. She's about 2 years old and is one of the friendliest cats I've ever met. She was up in my lap the minute I sat down. She loves to be loved, and loved she is.
With Jacinda, there is no need for a television. She entertains with her romps and playfulness. She appears quite well, not displaying any symptoms of her illness.
And as you can see, she has found her place on the newspaper...perhaps checking out the weekly cat food specials, or reading some mouse tale.
2 comments:
What a pretty cat. Do thay have to do anything special for her except keep her as an "only" cat? I don't remember how long it takes for the virus to die out.
How nice of them to take in a pet that might be having problems down the line with an illness...that is just wonderful.
I wish I liked animals...I do...just do not have the patience to raise them myself.
Post a Comment