Thursday, February 15, 2007
Here's My Valentine
I'll try once again to post a photo. I spent the last four days in Nashville with Ella. Her mom was attending a financial aid seminar, and so I went up to take care of Ela while her mom was in meetings. We had a great time! I left home in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday to fly up to Nashville. We were at the Renaissan*e Hotel that was connected to the convention center, so it was a very pleasant place to be.
I actually arrived in Nashville before they did, so I went walking around a bit. The Ryman auditorium, which used to house the Grand Old Opry is right across the street. I didn't go inside since I had been there last spring. The building has quite a history. The acoustics are better than Carnegie Hall, and it is quite a popular venue for artists to perform.
Of course, I'm not prejudiced about Ella, but she is absolutely adorable. She is so good natured. She doesn't fuss when her parents do the chest p.t., even when they wake her up to do it. We played a lot and went for walks around the hotel. I didn't venture out with her because it rained on Monday and Tuesday, and then when it stopped raining, the temperatures dropped. Schools were closed on Wednesday in the area, mainly because of the ice.
When I made my reservations for travel, I got a cheap rate. However, I had odd hours for flying. My flight home left Nashville at 6:32 on Wednesday night, flew to O'Hare, and then to Tampa. As it turned out, it worked out well since flights had been delayed all day. My flight in Nashville left about a half hour late. I was a little concerned about getting to the next gate at O'Hare, but when I checked the screen, it said the flight was leaving at 10:15. It ended up leaving around 11, which, of course, was 12 in Tampa. We landed about 2:15. By the time I got my bag and my car, it was 3. I had a hair appointment at 9:30 this morning, so I thought I'd just sleep in my clothes and get up and go to the beauty shop, but that didn't work. I went to bed around 4, got up at 8:20, got my hair done, and I haven't done much else the rest of the day.
It was so good to be with this baby. I just kept drinking in the joy of being with her again. It was a Happy Valentine's Day for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
She looks as if she knows how adorable she is. I tell you, these cute kids know they have grandma wrapped around their little fingers. Very, very pretty in red!
What a happy smile little Ella is wearing! Sounds like you had a full day of flying, but I bet it was so worth it to be with this precious one!
:)
I can just the baby singing!
Ella is her precious self, all cute in her pink and red.
Ella is so happy in that picture. She is so cute in BE MINE outfit. I know she is a definite YOURS! She completely fills your heart. How special she is.
Beverly,
Something is still going on with Picasa and Blogger. If you use the Blog This button to post pictures in Picasa whether it is one or four, it will make a code for the picture that has "local host" and then a number in it. This doesn't work. It can only be seen on your computer and only as long as Picasa stays open. It has to have the blogger code in the HTML. Blog This worked for me up until yesterday. Now I have to use the picture poster in the dashboard. I have tediously gone back and reposted the pictures from the dashboard so mine are fixed. What a mess.
she is a doll!
blessings
jel
What a darling Valentine!!
:-D
Oh. Next time I'll go babysit for you...I'm only 40 minutes from Nashville :)
My backyard is in Tn. and my front is in Ky! Right on the border, near Nashville.
She's loverly, Beverly!
Ella gets cuter with every photo you post! I am still praying for her, Beverly.
She is just so adorable!! Those cheeks are just too cute. :-)
Post a Comment