Last week was a fun time. I had shared with some that I was going to board a bus in Bradenton and go to Nashville for Mark Lowry's Senior Trip...not the type of senior trip that one thinks of. Everyone on this trip had to be at least 50 or married to someone over 50.
A good time was had by all. We stayed in the Opryland Hotel...such a hardship...just kidding. That was an experience in itself. The complex is the largest hotel and conference center under roof in the world that doesn't have a casino. Hotels in Vegas are larger, but they come with casinos.
One can easily get lost wandering up and down halls. After our first meeting that evening, I told my roommate that I was going to walk around and get my bearings. After I did that, it was much easier.
If you're a fan of the Gaither Homecoming gatherings, you are familiar with Mark Lowry. He was for a time a member of the Gaither Vocal Band. After a while, he went out on his own. He is quite a comedian, singer, and song writer. He is the author of "Mary, Did You Know?" a Christmas song that is no doubt on its way to becoming a classic.
Chonda Pierce was there on Thursday evening to help host the show. What a character! She is a comedienne, as well. If you've never had the chance to hear her and you hear of her being in the area, by all means, go. She's so funny, but then she brings her comedy act to thoughts of the Lord...outstanding. She helps us Christians laugh at ourselves.
Many other notables were there also. I'll share about them in another post.
The picture in this post was taken in the Delta section of the hotel. More later...
4 comments:
is that a picture of you?
Someday I would love to visit Nashville. It seems to me .. seniors know how to have fun ! :-)
I visited Opryland many years ago (back in the 80's. Still the best Theme Park in my book and that includes Disneyworld.
I wish my mom could walk a little bit better so she could go on some of these trips. We've been up to Lancaster to see Noah and it was marvelous. Glad you had a good time. Also glad your group stayed safe with all the crazy weather.
Post a Comment