Monday, October 30, 2006

Back in Florida

I left Waynesboro Saturday morning and drove as far as Savannah, Georgia Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning I got up and drove until I arrived safely at home around 2 in the afternoon. I listened to the Bucs getting beat on the radio and finished watching some of it. They're pathetic this year.

Back in Florida the sun is shining, and it isn't nearly as hot as it was when I left at the end of September. It's good to be home, but I surely left my heart in Virginia with Ella and her parents. Hopefully, I'll get back up there soon. I have lots of things on my plate at the beginning of November. And then the holidays come. Our church choir is doing a cantata this year. We haven't for a couple of years. Sweet Adelines is doing a couple of Christmas shows, so I have to get busy on that music.

The first thing on my calendar tomorrow is to get my hair cut. When you wear it short, five or six weeks between cuts is a l-o-ong time. And the color begins to fade...

Until tomorrow.

8 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

Good to read you are home safely after your trip to Ella and her parents.
The weather here is so strange - stranger than usual this time of year. We almost had a cool snap then it went back into the 80's and upper 60's at night.
I'm still waiting for a chill in the air. I killed 3 mosquitoes this morning as I got up and began to wander around. Yuk.

Susie said...

Glad you had a safe trip home! I can only go about five wks between haircuts too, and then it starts to feel shaggy!
(I don't color it anymore, so that's a non issue!)

srp said...

Glad you got back safely.
Thanks for reminding me, I need to call the hairdresser and get mine cut. And colored. Mine has been colored so long I don't really know what the real color is, except for that gray that shows up at the roots now.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Welcome back to sunny Florida. It's absolutely beautiful this time of the year. The humidity is so low, it almost makes me forget that I am a native Floridian!

Yes ma'am I have my appointments with my stylist set up for the entire year at 5 week intervals. I have been a redbead for almost 30 years, and I refuse to do it myself. It is the biggest luxury I give myself.

I love going to my stylist...there is always such good conversation!

TJ said...

Hello my driving friend!!
Trick or Treat!
I'm early you say...well all I can say dahling is I'm Elvira and I do as I wish!!
;-D

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

It is always a good feeling to be back home but I so understand how you must be missing sweet little Ella and her parents.

jel said...

glad you had a safe trip home!

thanks for stopping by and I'm glad that you liked Chris Rice's CD

take care

God bless!