Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ella Marie

When Sarah and I came up over Labor Day weekend to visit with Ella and her parents, I brought along some clothes that I had kept from my children. On Sunday, when we were getting ready for church, Sabrina brought Ella out in a dress that Sarah had worn when she was a baby twenty-nine years ago.

I'm amazed at the generosity of friends who have given clothes to Ella...hand-me-downs maybe, but they are worn so little before they grow out of them that they look new. I don't think that they will need to buy any clothes in the next two years.

Ella and I went to Charlottesville today to have lunch with her mommy. Of course, everyone oohed and aahed over the pretty baby. We're not at all proud
We're ready for Halloween already. Before I came up I say the CUTEST costumes at Cracker Barrel. The smallest size was 9 months, so I didn't buy anything, but I was surely tempted. I went to K-Mart after I got here to get some things, and I found this bib. It works perfectly for this year. The fun begins.

Gas is 1.79 in Staunton, Virginia. How about that. Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

srp said...

Wow! I will have to remember that and stop and fill up there on Friday.

Love the bib. Nyssa's middle name is Marie. Her first Halloween she had a little stretchy suit.... Supergirl... cape and all. Since she couldn't quite walk yet she just had to sit with the pumpkins.

What a sweetie pie!

Susie said...

Ella's little cheeks are filling out!
She'll make a cute little pumpkin!!

jel said...

she is a doll!


have a great day!

huggs

Lori said...

How adorable! My granddaughter is almost 8 months old. I just love your pictures.

Babette said...

Cute little pumpkin!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Ella is adorable as ever. I know why everyone oooo's and ahhhh's over her! She is a beauty.

$1.79...wow that sounds like prices from a few decades ago. One of local radio stations gives out
'best gas prices around town' the other day I heard them announce one under $2.00. I guess we need to enjoy it while it lasts because it isn't going to last long.

How is your weather?
We're suppose to get a cold front today and it's dropping the temperatures about 10 degrees in Florida.

TJ said...

(((I'm back!!)))
for the weekend at least...lol!
That Ella is the cutes Halloween punkin I ever did see!!!
:-D

srp said...

Beverly, you should see if you could meet Lazy Daisy. She is in Staunton, just down the road a very short piece. Somehow, I think you two would really hit it off.

PS: I waved as we went past Waynesboro, both ways.

Anonymous said...

She is just the cutest thing!! :-)
Children bring life to every holiday.

kenju said...

I scrolled down to see if there were any more photos of Ella, and got reqarded by this one! She is a doll. VA always has cheaper gas than NC because out raxes are so high on each gallon. We got it for $1.99 in Richmond this week.