Thursday, October 05, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the cabin

I thought I'd bring you back for one more look at my cousin's cabin. I hope there aren't any P*TA people out there viewing this who will find it objectionable. Those deer do have beautiful eyes, though, don't they. It's getting to be that season, isn't it. These heads are mounted near the front door as you enter.In the kitchen above the window these tins can be seen. I love those Cracker Jacks.
They've carefully constructed a split-rail fence along the property. These aren't seen too much any more.
After an hour or so of visiting with my cousin and walking around her property, I made my way down the road on my way to Georgia. I love coming to this spot to see what's new (or old) at the cabin, but most of all, to visit my cousin. She and her husband have done so much to preserve a little bit of the past in her county.
If you ever drive down I-75, take the first exit, go to Jennings. The city hall is on the left just after you cross U.S. 41. Stop in and ask for Sharon. Tell her Beverly sent you. She'll give you a warm southern welcome. She might even leave the office and take you for a tour of her place. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

kenju said...

It really is a lovely place!

TJ said...

I know it had to be very hard to leave such a charming place!!

srp said...

It looks so nice and quiet and soothing.... no wonder they love it so.

AC said...

Could they use a museum studies graduate? I know just the young curator!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

Sharon may have a few visitors! I bet she would enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

My goodness.. such lovely country side.