The only thing that separates any one of us from excellence is fear,
and the opposite of fear is faith. I am careful not to confuse
excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection
is God's business. -- Michael J. Fox
I particularly like the last sentence. Perfection is God's business. Isn't that a wonderful thought. We'll certainly never attain perfection on our own. But Paul wrote in Philippians, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ."
*************************************************************************************
Bet, at Dappled Things refers to an interesting article in Business Week that addresses the freshness of items in our pantries. According to this article, I should probably throw out all my cake mixes and some of my canned goods. Since I live alone now, I don't cook like I used to, but when I go to the store, sometimes I just can't pass up a bargain. If I buy it and don't use it, it really isn't a bargain is it.
*************************************************************************************
My friend Tammy, Kentucky Gal finds herself in a tough spot. Her husband's plant voted to go on strike, and they are crushed. This morning in her blog she said that the two of them would be out job hunting today. Stop by and leave a thought of encouragement for her.
*************************************************************************************
Melangehas a beautiful post today - a photo of a rose in sepia tones. It is lovely as is the writing.
************************************************************************************I
Yesterday Ella wore a dress to church that belonged to my daughter Sarah when she was an infant. I haven't uploaded it to my computer yet, but I'll post it when I do. She hasn't quite got the idea of smiling when she sees the camera yet.
Later...
6 comments:
The quote on excellence and perfection was a good one for me today- may I reference it in a post tomorrow? And you're right- that sepia rose is stunning.
Going all the way back...my parents had to bring the outhouse seat in during the first years they were at the tip of the U.P. with no indoor plumbing- otherwise the porcupine would eat it.
Ella is a beauty- how lucky are the two of you to be grandmother and granddaughter? I'm a little jealous there...
I love the photo montage. I was thinking of blowing up a large underwater photo I have of Abby scuba diving in the midst of a large school of fish and then cutting it into 9 segments and framing them individually and hanging them so they form the whole picture again. But I fear my resolution is not good enough.
We are enjoying beautiful weather here but it's supposed to turn cold shortly so I've been out and about, enjoying the autumn while it lasts.
Love the quote by Michael J. Fox. Just by coincidence, I was thinking about him the other day. I wonder how he is doing.
Love the Michael J Fox quote.
My heart and prayers are also with Tammy, her husband and her son...
We are heading out Friday to Illinois for a very, very quick trip. I will pass by your place about 6AM and will wave from I64. This is a 15 hour drive and we have to make it in one day so I'm trying to curb Mom's idea of stopping at all the antique shops.
Can't wait to see the picture of Ella.
Good Post! Thank you.
I just love the quote from Michael J Fox. I saw him recently on THS special. He is really a good fella.
How sweet that Ella wore one of Sarah's dresses....it just shows how the circle continues.
Many Blessings.
Post a Comment