Sunday, October 22, 2006

More fall photos

I love the sun shining through the colored leaves. This photo was taken as Sabrina and I were going to a baby shower Saturday afternoon.
While driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, we stopped at a welcome center. A pioneer village has been recreated here.
Authentic cabins have been relocated here. They reminded me of my cousin's cabin in north Florida, although these are just as they were...no electricity, no running water, no plumbing.
For a better view, click on the photos. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Susie said...

What lovely fall colors! Isn't this a great time of year?

Babette said...

I can feel the sunshine on my face, Beverly. I'm glad you're enjoying the fall foliage! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Townsend said...

great shots! I like to visit re-created villages, too. It's the history lover in me!

TJ said...

Oh, I would have loved to stop with you at this place...the blue of the sky just pops in your photo's...great job!!
:-D

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Looks like you picked the perfect time to carch fall's beauty. I am just like you I really enjoy the change of season -- too bad we only have one in Florida. Oh btw, yesterday it was 92 degrees, today it is in the low 70's with lows going into the 40's...so it is feeling a little more like fall.

srp said...

I didn't get to Williamsburg yesterday as it started raining before church was out. Today or rather tonight was our BSF bible study and tomorrow morning Max has to get another chemo pill. Maybe late morning.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely fall colours.