Sunday, October 01, 2006

More of the cabin

Yesterday I showed you the kitchen in my cousin's cabin. As we walk around the room, we see this cabinet which contains many of the things that Sharon has collected. Whenever she and her husband go somewhere and see something that suits their fancy, they get it if it is within reason. One of her favorite collections is Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and paraphernalia. This wall and the adjacent wall contain all sorts of Raggedy's.
As you go from the kitchen into the living room and look toward the stairs, this quilt hangs. There are several quilts in the cabin. When I asked Sharon if she had made this one, she said, "No, I don't like to work on anything that takes too long. I want to do it and get it done." However, when her mother, my aunt, was suffering from cancer, the daughters would gather at her house, and they would spend time quilting.
Once my friend Lorette and I stopped by her house. Lorette had been looking for just the right quilt for her house, thinking she'd have to spend big bucks for one. When she saw all of Sharon's quilts, she said to her, "Where did you get all these quilts? Did you make them?"
"No," my cousin said, "I find some at Big Lots, some at WalMart." Lorette was a bit flabbergasted. She was thinking, I'm sure, that any quilt worth anything would surely cost lots. I think she learned a bit of a lesson that day. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

TJ said...

I can't say how much I love this cabin!!
What a treat to have something like this to play with!!
:-D

Karen Townsend said...

I am so loving the tour of this fabulous cabin. What fun - your cousin is a lucky woman.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

This cabin is so quaint! I particularly loved the Raggedy Ann & Andy collection! One of my prizes possessions is a Ann my Mother made.

srp said...

My grandmother quited and I have all her quilts packed away. Someday, when I have another home, I hope to hang some for display.