The first place that the 18 year old nephew headed was for one of the roller coasters. I was happy to watch from a distance. I rode a roller coaster once at Coney Island near Cincinnati, and I promised God that if he would let me get off alive, I'd never ride another one. I don't believe that my heart could stand it.
The eight year old nephew chose the tamer rides and activities. The teacups look familiar. They were always a favorite of ours at W**tDisneyWorld when our children were younger. My daughter, who now can only ride if she is the driver, loved the teacups. One year we went on President's Day. David and Sarah and their dad rode the teacups. Don eneded up in the first aid room. He apparently had some fluid in his ears and ended up dizzy. Later in the day, David crawled up in my lap. He was coming down with something, but he swore that the teacups made him sick. 
The fishing game was sort of neat. The nephew got to fish until he caught one and then was able to choose a prize.
I enjoyed worshipping at my brother-in-law's church, where he serves as music minister and Christian Education director and anything else that needs to be done. We worshipped in the gym because the congregation has outgrown the sanctuary. That's a nice problem for a church to have.It was a good weekend, but a tiring one. My stamina is not really good at best, and I'm used to flat terrain. So after an afternoon and evening of tramping around the park, I was ready for a comfortable bed.
3 comments:
I don't have the stomach much anymore for the roller coaster rides. You look like you were all having fun. That is a nice problem for a church to be having these days, your brother in law must be doing something right!
It sounds like a full and fun afternoon. I have never been one to enjoy rollar coasters.. but my youngest son LOVES them.
Perhaps we passed you on I64 on our way back from Illinois. I have never been to Busch Gardens but I think Nyssa has. They have special admission for the college students and a few days reserved for them.
Post a Comment