I almost laughed out loud last Sunday at church. When we stood to sing, this faithful fireman was standing in front of me. After church I couldn't resist asking him if I could take a photo of his back. I'm sure that Hardee County has nothing to fear.
Postscript: When I took this photo and posted this, the fire in Charleston had not taken place. My heart goes out to all those firefighters whose lives were lost in that furniture store fire. What a loss for that firehouse and all the families left without husbands, sons, fathers, wives, moms, and daughters.


7 comments:
God bless all of them!
I cannot think about how horrible it must have been for them - and now for their families and the other firefighters. Love the shirt, though.
Love the t-shirt. Any fireman I have known has had both a courageous heart and a whopping sense of humor.
The loss suffered in Charleston is heart wrenching. My heart goes out to their families.
Hi Beverly. Please accept my apologies for being such a stranger of late. I've been consumed with my new job, and haven't been visiting any blogs at all. My loss, I know.
I sat at my computer in silence when I first read about this tragedy. I don't know what kind of person voluntarily chooses to pursue a career where on any given day, he/she will rush into extreme danger to help others. It takes a special kind of soul to dedicate one's life to this.
And when these heroes pay the ultimate price, I feel as if we have all lost something irreplaceable.
I'm praying for those nine souls, and their families. May their memory always be a blessing and an inspiration.
I heard about the tragic fire in Charleston and I felt so overwhelmed with sadness. Firefighters are brave men and women who will rush into dangerous places to make a difference. A good freind of mine is currently a volunteer firefighter, and is looking for a full time job. I can't imagine what makes these brave people do what they do, I have great respect for them.
God blss them and their families.
Catching up over here after a hiatus from blogging but I always feel connected to you. I have this idea of you and I saying our Louise prayers each night. Poor baby.
I love your Ella/daddy post. Father's day is slightly bittersweet, yes? Miss you, shrimp, Florida- but not the heat. Coming down earlier this year- probably at Thanksgiving for a bit.
I had not yet heard about the tragedy when I passed our nearest fire station, and I wondered why the flags were at half-mast. No question, once I heard. Very, very sad.
Post a Comment