Saturday, June 02, 2007

Jesus Loves Me



Jesus loves me! This I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Refrain
Yes, Jesus loves me!Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”

Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.



Jesus loves me! Loves me still,
Though I’m very weak and ill,
That I might from sin be free
Bled and died upon the tree.

If you go here, you will find an interesting story about the song "Jesus Loves Me."

Have a blessed Sunday.

13 comments:

kenju said...

That's a precious pic of Ella! That song has been a favorite of mine for years. I taught it to my kids, along with You are My Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved this little song and have found it a great comfort in the past!
:)

Anonymous said...

"Jesus Loves Me" is one of the first songs I remember singing in Sunday School.

Love the photo of sweet little Ella. How pretty in yellow she is. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, still love the song. Neat story!

Susie said...

I can remember my Grandma singing that song to me when I was tiny.
Ella is so cute in that pic!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Looking at that smiling face, how could you doubt it?

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh that Ella is such a doll!

Anna said...

She is too cute and I just love this song!

:)

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Ella and the song to ! I have a version for senoir citizens > 1st verse--Jesus loves, this I know . Though my hair is white as snow. Though my sight is growing dim, Still He bids me trust in Him. > CHORUS >. YES JESUS LOVES ME...YES JESUS LOVES ME...YES JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.> 2ND VERSE >Though my steps are oh, so slow,With my hand in His I'll go...On through life,let come what may, He'll be there to lead the way. > Then chorus > 3rd verse > Though I am no longer young, I have much which He's begun. Let me serve CHRIST with a smile, Go with othersthe extra mile ... CHORUS... > 4TH VERSE > When the nights are dark and long, In my heart He puts a song. Telling me in words so clear, "Have no fear, for I am near."...>Chorus ...>5th VERSE > When my work on earth is done, And life's victorys have been won. He will take me home above, Then I'll understand His love...>.CHORUS > 6TH VERSE > I love Jesus , does He know? Have I ever told Him so? Jesus loves to hear me say, That I love Him every day... > This version is just for us who have white hair, or no hair at all and for all those over 40 or almost there .Amazing during a church sing [ for the children of course ] its the adults who help the children select their songs and yes Its always "Jesus loves me" and its always the adults who sing the loudest ? Blessings . Ron. PS. I'm sorry I had to write it this way and If someone could help me to know how to write paragraph style I would appreciate it ?

Anonymous said...

Beverly, Thank you for sharing this I really needed it today. I am so glad he loves us so much.
That picture is too cute! :)

Karen Townsend said...

Dear Baby Ella: Yellow is your color!

If I had a dollar for every time we sang that song in Sunday School as a child...

photowannabe said...

Wonderful reminder of Jesus' love for us and His children.
I enjoyed RRBJ's white haired rendition too.

Charley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't remember if I ever answered your question. Yes, my wife and I did serve as missionaries in Albania. My newest post is a photo from there.

Blessings,
Charley