The other day I posted about cats. In that post is a photo of Tucker, my daughter's firstborn kitty. Three months ago he had surgery for a mass that was growing in his side. It turned out to be cancer, and the mass has returned. Below is a comment that Sarah left this morning on that post after having spoken to the surgeon.
"The surgeon has not recommended a 2nd surgery for Tucker. Now we are going
to consult a veterinary oncologist and get her take on it. Should know something
hopefully Friday, but could be Tuesday. To me, money is not an issue in taking
care of him, but to an extent it is an issue. If the oncologist does not have a
good outlook, the tumor will just continue to grow in Tucker until he becomes so
uncomfortable he can't stand it or it erupts inside of him. I can't imagine
losing him. So, your prayers for this situation are coveted. Thank you, Tucker's
mom. Sarah"
And then I received this e-mail this morning from one of the teachers at Bradenton Christian School. Anthony had just been cleared to return to school after having a bone marrow transplant earlier this year. The following is the message received.
"It is with a heavy heart that I write to tell you that the MDS
(pre-leukemia cells) are back for Anthony. As many of you may remember
right before transplant they discovered 11% of the pre-leukemia cells.
Post transplant Anthony was at 1%. Recently some tests were concerning the
Drs. so they ran this test. Dr Harris from Cincinnati Childrens Hospital
called to tell them this evening that they need to be back in Cincinnati on
Monday. At this point please pray for the whole Negrin family.
Please pray for all travel arrangements to go smoothly. I will continue to
keep you posted as regularly as I can. Please pray for the Negrins to not
become discouraged or tired. "
If you are prayers, I would ask you to uphold Sarah and Anthony and his family in prayer. The latest report on Louise is that her liver functions seem to be improving, so slowly, very slowly, he is making some progress, but she has miles to go.
8 comments:
Beverly, I have been praying for Tucker every day since you told me the mass had returned, but now I will focus on Sarah and Anthony. I hope Tucker doesn't suffer.
Yes Beverly, I will pray too. Its so hard when family, friends and animals we love are suffering. But we serve a Faithful Wonderful God and He will do what He wills. Be strong and have faith.
Sue
Will do, Beverly. God Bless the caregivers.
It's so hard to lose a pet, and even harder to watch them suffer. That's where a rock meets a hard place. Long ago, I would have thought it was silly to pray for an animal, but I learned that they are, after all, part of God's creation, and He did, after all, tell us to take care of them.
So I will pray for Tucker, Sarah, Anthony and his family, and continue for Louise.
It is so sad that they are sick. I will also keep them in my prayers.
I came to thank you for visiting my blog. Thanks.
I will continue to keep them all in my prayers and continue to hope.
It warms my heart to come here, into this circle of prayers for people and cats. Thank you Beverly.
My heart breaks at all of this news. My prayers will include Sarah, Tucker and the Negrin family. Such difficult times for all of them.
Post a Comment