Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back of the clouds


After I took the photos of the storm clouds in my last post, the next day or so I snapped this one. The photo doesn't quite do it justice. The cloud truly had a silver lining.

I had just read the night before about Louise, a young woman in Michigan, who had succumbed to leukemia. She had a bone marrow transplant earlier this year, and fought so bravely, but finally lost the battle. And then a gentleman in our church, who had been battling throat cancer, passed away. I thought of them as I looked at this cloud with the light shining behind it.

It also reminded me of a college friend of mine, a friend who reconnected after thirty years. Our university set up a site where we could search for friends in our class. I received an e-mail from her when I was in Virginia in April. I answered her e-mail then, and after I got back to Florida, I didn't follow through.

While I've been up here again this month, I looked her up, and we've begun correspondence again.
When we were freshmen, we met, and our friendship formed. We discovered that we both liked to sing, and we would often go to the "practice shacks" and sing our hearts out. One song that we sang went something like this:

"Never fear though shadows dark around your path may fall.
Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Just remember God in heaven watches over all.
He will surely care for you.

Back of the clouds, the sun is always shining.
After the storm, the skies will all be blue.
God has prepared a rosy tinted lining,
Back of the clouds, it's waiting to shine through."

Many of you follow Melange. If you've never visited her blog, go there. She is a very gifted person, physician, mother, daughter, sister, and she is just so smart. Today she writes of her beloved Max. Go there and take your tissues.
(Somehow the formatting just does not work right for me. Forgive the appearance. I tried.)

12 comments:

photowannabe said...

Beautiful picture Beverly and sometimes its hard to see the silver lining behind the storm clouds.
Touching memorial about Max.

Anonymous said...

When my beloved father in law died I saw a cloud much like this one and couldn't help but think of him in a place far better! Thanks for sharing this and the vers!

Have a great evening!

kenju said...

You know that I am a firm believer in the silver lining and there always is one - you have to look for it.

I wish I could help Roxanne; I cried when I read her post.

Beverly said...

Such a sad, yet loving tribute to the happy boy Max. Tears were rolling.

The picture of the clouds said so much. Clouds tend to make me think of so many things.

Anonymous said...

Awesome cloud pics,
I love watching the clouds go by,

hope U R have a great time with that grandbaby of yours :)


jel

AC said...

Sometimes the glory of the sun and clouds and blue sky is enough to grant hope. I gave my doggies extra hugs after reading Roxanne's story. Mine are mostly old now. They are all good dogs.

Its nice to hear about our reconnection with an old friend. I like thinking of a "practice shack". I need one.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

It was so sad to read about Max yesterday, you were right tissues were needed....

Calfkeeper said...

Hi, got your link from jels site.

Beautiful pictures of clouds in both posts. I LOVE the Ella's eyes photos. She's adorable. I look forward to when my 8 month old daughter is a toddler. I hope I have the energy!

Calfkeeper

Froggymama said...

Gorgeous pictures! We just don't get clouds like that in California. Ours are pretty boring - just the puffy white ones with a blue sky background. Sometimes I long for clouds with more personality!

Anonymous said...

Oooh- I love these clouds in the last two posts. Beautiful Big Weather. And I'm so happy to see those munchkin smiles. I hope you're enjoying your time with Ella, relaxing, and having good weather.

I was over to visit Roxanne a bit earlier- I feel really sad about Max. He was such a sweet and happy "rescue."

Louise's family is recovering- they have always been, as you might have guessed from her CarePages, a hopeful and supportive family with great faith.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post Beverly. A nice way to start my day. Sometimes remembering that silver lining takes much effort.. but that only makes it all the more valuable.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Beverly. I love the cloud pictures, too.