Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Bella


She doesn't look like a baby any more in this photo, does she. This one was taken on the way to church. I've taken a lot of photos of my Bella since I've been here, but not a lot of good ones. She doesn't sit still very long. Surprise, surprise. While I've been here, I've watched Ella four days a week and had Wednesdays off. We've had a good time together, and the month is quickly coming to a close. I'm sticking around until Halloween. One of my DIL's co-workers has daughters older than Ella, and he has loaned her some costumes. I can hardly wait to see what they decide on her wearing. The weather will play a part in that.

There is some fall color, but many trees are losing their leaves without a lot of color. It's raining today, hooray! I'm assuming it will be cooler after the rain.

In the photo of Ella, up in the corner is a photo of my husband. That photo was taken just a month before his death. We had had photos taken for our church directory in March. He died the last day of April. I'm so glad I have that photo of him. When he saw it, he made the comment that he didn't realize how much his hairline had receded. But it had.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

And David has his hairline! HA!

Anonymous said...

Hello Beverly,

Its wonderful to get to spend time with our grandkids .That is a very good picture of Ella ,and I hope she has a good time trick or treating and gets her and granny plenty of snacks ?

Blessings to you and your family !
Ron.

L. said...

...I have been waiting for some pictures so I was glad to see your post today!!! What a cutie!

I am so glad that you have had a wonderful visit with your family...and most especially, Ella.
I know that you will miss them.

Take care,
Grammie

kenju said...

I'd say Bellissima! I love her little red hair clips.

JeanMac said...

I love her eyes - she looks so sweet.

Susie said...

You're right, she doesn't look like a baby at all. Those blue eyes are the most gorgeous shade.
Do you think she looks a bit like your husband?
xo

photowannabe said...

Ella is turning into such a lovely little girl. Its probably from all of those Grammie hugs and kisses she is getting.
That's wonderful picture you had taken of your husband, a very cherished memory.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

You are right, Ella doesn't look like a babydoll anymore. My how she has grown up right before my eyes. What a gorgeous little sweetheart she is.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Ella is suddenly no longer a baby.. but a little girl. How quickly they grow. How wonderful that you are able to spend this time with her.

Anonymous said...

That is neat that you got a shot of them together! I would frame that if I were you!
She is such a doll baby!!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Nice shot, Beverly. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Townsend said...

Isn't that funny - the photo on the shelf caught my eye and I thought it was Ella's grandpa.

She's still a cutie, even looking a bit older now. Enjoy the rest of your visit.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pout, I think. Too often, by the time I get on here, a dozen other people have already said everything!

But the truth is the truth: No, she isn't a baby, anymore, but she is still a little doll. I love her eyes, even when they aren't sparkling. I agree about the photo and your shot, too. See if you can frame that, showing the two of them.