This Florida girl is cold in Virginia. And guess what! It's snowing. Flurries, but it's snow, and there is a little accumulation. I've taken a couple of pictures to remember it by. I know when you live in a place where you have lots of snow that it is not remarkable, but I would think that the first snowfall of the season must be something to see.
I've been by to read all your posts, and I'll take some time to comment today. Ella is at the sitter's so I have lots of time to read and comment. When I arrived on Sunday, she looked at me with a little recognition. Her parents show her my photo often, and she knows Grammy in the picture.
It's amazing the growth one sees in a month in a toddler. Her attention span is much longer when she listens to stories, and she has added many more words to her vocabulary. I'm getting to know Winnie the Pooh all over again. When I was here in October, I bought her the DVD, and David said after I left, that she had fallen in love with Pooh.
When Sarah was a baby, I recall that the first cartoon that she reacted to was Winnie the Pooh. It was on TV on Friday nights, and I remember her sitting in her daddy's lap, grinning from ear to ear at the shenanigans of those animals. It's fun to see that happening again.
I've taken a couple of pictures of Ella, but I haven't uploaded them yet, but they'll be there.
As Tigger says, "TTFN." Ta-ta for now.
23 comments:
How wonderful to be able to see Ella again so soon. When they are small they change so quickly. What an adventure for you. Have fun in the snow and with famiy. A truly blessed time of year.
Have fun, Beverly. At that age, they grow in leaps - glad you were able to go back.Look forward to the pics.
Yes it does not seem that long ago that OUR kids were in love with Winnie the Pooh. I will never forget how you supplied us with toys when we came home with the hepatitis ... I remember how cold it was in Florida then. How is Sarah doing without her cat? At lesat she has some traveling. Have a good early Christmas all together up there! And enjoy the snow, such as it is!
Hi Beverly....so glad that you are there with your sweet Ella. Enjoy every moment!!!
By the way, I did manage to get a less expensive flight (used some Sky Miles!) and will be heading to MN in the end of January!
Take pictures of the snow (and Ella, of course!)...we Southerners don't get to see much of it-- if any at all!
Take care my friend...
xoxo
I am a huge fan of Pooh bear. My son had all the stories and lots of the videos. So sweet.
I'm glad you are seeing her again, Beverly. Kiss her for me, please?
I think I enjoy the grandkids more than I did our kids, and I suppose there is much less stress involved now....LOL
Pooh Sticks is still my favorite game. I played that with jenny when she was little every time we crossed a foot bridge over water.
I am always glad to hear happy grandma stories. I look forward to that experience myself.
Hello Beverly,
I am very pleased that you have Ella in your life ? I believe that in Gods plan when He created Heaven's and the Earth He new how to keep us connected to our familys and how special grandkids are ?
Blessings.
Ron.
Brrr,
California girls don't know much about snow either (at least this part of CA!)
Can't wait to see new photos of Ella.
I'm sure she's grown.
xo
I loved reading to all my children when they were small--and they loved to listen. I envy you!
I'm probably the only person in America or the Western world that never read Pooh books, as a child. I remember my first-grade teacher reading from one, once or twice, and all the other kids seemed to know Pooh and his friends.
We didn't own many books, at our house; my parents were both readers, but money was tight, so we relied on the library. Somehow, Pooh never made it home with me. I feel so deprived.
Some years back, I found a little book titled The Tao of Pooh, bought it and read it.
I know you are excited to be back visiting your children, and Ella, too! I would love to see snow, enjoy it and know you will not have to deal with it all winter. Have a wonderful early Christmas!
Oh do enjoy your time, even with the snow!
It's hard to beat Winnie The Pooh! I never tire of him. Or, his crazy friends. Hope you're enjoying the snow a little bit!
The wonderful thing about Tiggers,
is Tiggers are wonderful things.
Their tops are made out of rubber.
Their bottoms are made out of springs.
They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
is I'm the only one.
Oh, I'm the only one!!
I did that from memory, so it may not be perfect, but yesiree.... me loves Tigger!!
And Pooh too.
But Tigger and Piglet are my favorites!!
I'm sure Ella loves being spoiled and loved on by YOU!!
Beautiful post. I think I read it twice and relished it both times.
Thanks for commenting on my woodpecker post.
I have experienced cold winters all of my life.. but there is still something magical about the first snow fall.. even after all of these years. :-)
My kids were also big Pooh fans. Enjoy your sweet girl. They do indeed grow up so very fast.
yep, have a good time!
will trade ya the snow ya got there , for the ice we have here! :)
have a safe trip
Have a fun trip visiting your family! Having grandparents visit is so special!
Hope you have a great trip. On a personal note, I still haven't outgrown my fondness for Pooh and his friends.
I came from a link on Anna's blog. What a lovely blog you have! I hope to return soon. (I was in Falls Church, VA a few weeks ago!)
Pat
Pat's Photos
Guelph Daily Photo
Photography Cafe
Well, I'm making my mid-week blog buddy rounds.
I hope your week is going well.
Take care, stay warm, and have a truffle.
It's NEVER a bad time to eat a chocolate truffle!!
:-)
Ta-ta for now!!
Hi Beverly!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I posted there to you but you may not see it so I'll say it here. My camera is the Nikon D80. I love it but lots to learn. I have just scratched the surface!
Love your Scripture Verse to the right. I hadn't seen that one that has the sound. I'd love to have his CDs here at the house!
Thanks so much!
Pat
Pat's Photos
Guelph Daily Photo
Photography Cafe
Post a Comment