Thursday, January 24, 2008

Computer woes

I was going to upload photos from the fair last night, but when I plugged my cord into the port, nothing happened. I have a laptop that I bought in 2002, and one of the USB ports quit working a while ago. My friend, the computer repairman, told me that probably the solder had broken on the motherboard. Oh dear. Then he told me that I could go get a hub to plug several in. I have already done that because a while ago the disc drive quite working, so I have an external disk drive.

Along with that I had bought an external hard drive to hold all the photos that I've uploaded, and then there's the scanner, the printer, the mouse, and ....

When I unplugged the second port and plugged the camera cord in, nothing. Boo-hoo! I wasn't planning to get another computer at this point, but I may have to do just that. At least if I do, I'll be up-to-date for a little while.

So I'll be back sometime. I'm to a weekend in Orlando for a regional workshop with Sweet Adelines. Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Have a good time while you are gone. I have computer woes too.

JeanMac said...

I think computers are programmed to drive us nuts! Seems so many have been having issues. Prob. best to buy a new one - although, my new laptop had a defective wireless card:)
Enjoy your trip.

Beverly said...

Oh, me. I would be so upset if my computer went on the fritz!!!
Have a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Computers, as much as I love them, can drive a person near crazy. :-)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Computers are wonderful until something goes wrong and they are so darned complex it takes a IQ of a million to figure it out.

But 2002...Beverly I think you are due to spoil yourself. 6 years on one computer is great!