Friday, January 11, 2008

Thankful


Every time I look at this little girl, I thank God for the measure of health she has been given so far in her young life even with the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis. Ella has been our joy and delight, and we pray that she will have many more years of health and that despite the naysayers that a cure will be found for this genetic disorder.

Right now at Duke University Hospital, there is a young woman fighting for her life along with her newborn daughter. Tricia, who has CF, had been preparing for a double lung transplant when it was discovered she was pregnant. This week because of her weakened condition, her baby was born by C-section at 24 weeks. Gwyneth Rose is doing remarkably well despite her premature state. Tricia is still sedated and has not awakened yet.

People around the world are praying for this family. Visit Tricia's husband's blog, see this tiny infant, and join in prayers for this family.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

kenju said...

And I will add my voice to theirs, Beverly, as I do daily for Ella.

AC said...

I will, Beverly.

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

JeanMac said...

Oh, Beverly, every day, every place, someone has a struggle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly,

Ella is one pretty little girl and so blessed but I want you to know that my grandkids is the prettiest !

I visited the blog and I will be praying for the Mother and the little miracle girl ! God is good all the time !

Blessings and wishing you a blessed Lords Day.
Ron.

Susie said...

I'll add my prayers to yours. Ella is such a doll..
xo

Beverly said...

I will remember them and Ella with prayers.

Lori said...

I will be in prayer and I do praise God for that beautiful little girl of yours.


blessings,

Lori

Jamie Dawn said...

I was not aware that sweet Ella had CF. I prayed for her right then after I read it.
I will now visit the link you provided and pray for Tricia and her baby.

Mother of Invention said...

Ella is an absolute doll!
Thanks for the link.
I'll pray.

Anonymous said...

Your little Ella is growing into such a darling little girl. What a treasure she is.

My prayers will join with the others in asking for a cure and in asking for help for Tricia and her family.

Froggymama said...

I'm praying for all of us! Thanks for posting this. It just confirms my belief that there are so many more beautiful and kind people out there, than not. xoxo

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a wonderful happy picture! She is just a doll baby!! Thank you for sharing Tricia story. I was so moved by everything I read over there this morning. I will definitely keep checking in on both their recovery.

photowannabe said...

The sparkle in Ellas eyes and her smile are so precious. I pray for her continued good health.
I could hardly read the other post about Tricia and Gweneth through my puddley eyes. I promise to keep them in prayer too and to check on the progress of the family.

L. said...

I wish Ella continued good health....she is so adorable!

I couldn't stop reading about Gwyneth Rose and her family...what a heartwarming story. My prayers are with them...

xoxo
Grammie

Mother of Invention said...

What an amazing guy Tricia's husband is. I pray for them with all my heart.